Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Idaho Fishing this time of year?
Just curious if there is any open fishing waters in North Idaho right now. Im in Moscow. Just need to get out of the house and fish a bit.

Rivers are flowing way to high and fast. Don't own a boat. Any shore fishing opportunities for bass or trout?

Curious how Dworshak or Lake CDA or Hayden is.

Thanks guys
[signature]
Lots of good lakes up around Lake CDA. Round, Chacollette (SP?) and there is Spring Valley a little closer to home.
[signature]
Yea I just wasn't too sure when they start opening up and when bank fishermen can start catching fish. Id like to chase bass but trout would be fine.

Spring Valley has been bad this year, I haven't caught anything other than blue gills. I hear there are decent bass in it but I can't find them. Fish and Game also stocks Tiger Musky but Ive never seen one even sitting off shore.

How does one get to Dworshak? I drove up there this weekend to look around but couldn't figure out how to get down to the reservoir haha.
[signature]
Dworshack is a big body of water that you need a boat to effectively fish. The good news is that there are several small lakes in the area that hold some nice bass. Moose Creek reservoir neer Boville has quility large mouth I have caught several over 5lbs(see large mouth picture below)
and a number of 2 and 3 pounders. Mann lake is the lowest elevation lake in the state just east of Lewiston and has large mouth, crappie, trout and channel catfish. Waha is south of Lewiston and is one of my favorite small mouth fisheries in the spring, but has very limited shore access, but if you can get a hold of a small boat or rent a canoe from the University outdoor services head to the south end of the lake and fish the the waterfall coming into the lake and your liklly to catch smallmouth, trout, yellow perch on consecutive cast, then continue all the way to the south end where the creek comes in and if your there at the right time you can catch some BIG smallies in good numbers as they move in there to spawn(see small mouth picture below). For large mouth my go to bait is a sinko and for small mouths tube baits or crawdad pattern crank baits. PM me if you have any specific question I would be happy to answer them. There are several other small lakes like Elk River and Winchester that also hold some good bass.
[signature]