Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial Catfish Contest Scores
In case any of you are obsessed with the contest scores like I am, here is the unofficial scores so far.... If Yote wants to make them official that would be fine, just been getting numbers off your posts... Later J
[signature]
Thank you very much for taking the time to make this chart. I too have been checking the forum (too) frequently looking to see if anyone has posted new fish. It's nice to see even the unofficial scores posted in this format. Especially nice was the 191 to 100.5 drubbing of the south. (I intentionally disregarded the two biggest fish to date in this comment). Let's keep it going!
[signature]
You're welcome and don't pay too much attention to the average size north vs south either. We need to get a few bigger fish up north for when they start to fill their squares. We could lose our lead fast. I used this chart last year to see how I was doing compared to the leaders. Kept me motivated but was a little frustrating to see how far behind I was. Later j
[signature]
Part of why I don't start graphing so early in the contest, is the BIG difference in actually having three entries makes. Even one solid 30 inch cat is dwarfed by three 20 inchers.

BUT - you're welcome to juggle numbers. I've got the "official" sheet, and trying to assure I've got all the paid entries marked. Got a little announcement to make.

Really need to pound some pavement for more donations. I've got a few leads I need to followup on.

Also need to get out floating, and really start finding some kitty action! The team total is really based on the top 10 fish from each team, so averages and grand totals are interesting, but not the "score mark".
I got a hold of Jeremy at Sportsmans Warehouse last week they are seeing what they can put together for us. Waiting to hear back from him.

Are you going to come out fishing this weekend? If so let me know I'll drop off some stuff. Later J
[signature]
New unofficial updated chart for those interested.... J
[signature]
Newly updated chart... Heads up team north notice the score... By the way team south is one fish behind, so their next fish will put them in the lead... Team south has two spots in the top ten left. Team north has one spot left... The tides will likely shift soon... Later J
[signature]
There should be an idaho vs utah cat contest..
[signature]
Jeremy,
I think this has been brought up several times and it would probably be a lot of fun except for state laws are funny in Utah about fishing contests and so we have to play by our state rules...

Besides we're scared of Ron and all his hogs..... Actually this contest works pretty well because we have two fairly evenly matched bodies of catfish heaven... One is north the other is south. If they weren't so evenly matched it wouldn't be so much fun, but since both ponds can yield similar fish it's up to who every works the hardest, fishes the smartest or is the luckiest that will outdo the competition... Well luck may get you one hog, but the contest requiring three fish tends to add a little fishing talent to the winners and due to the duration it's a marathon that hopefully gives everyone time to get out and try their best..

We need to have an out of state can't officially compete but also played category to see what our surrounding states have to offer... I know we've seen hogs from both Nevada and Idaho so far and both would beat our best so far. So if you want to put some pictures in for fun, grab a post like this one of mine and just post a picture of your fish per our measurement requirements and we will be glad to drool over them..

Again we can't officially have the entries for prizes or anything like that, but we like to see big fish... Thanks for your interest it is a fun event, even if it does get you in trouble with your wife because you're addicted to fishing trying to get your score up... Later J
[signature]
South east idaho 31" 8.11 lbs
[signature]
Man that's a big ole ugly cat, nice catch, wish I had a 31" to put on the board... You should get your Idaho BFT mods to sponsor a catfish contest, you and Ron are nailing some hogs already this year... But then again it is Idaho and I'm pretty sure if it isn't trout, or salmon it would be sac religion to have in a contest... even though the Perch and Cats are monsters up your way... Bass aren't too bad either... Thanks for posting and making us jealous... Next time put it on the ground next to a tape measure so we have our reference compared to the cats posted on here.. Thanks J
[signature]
Well the south took the lead 247.5 to 215.5... North has one more fish to fill it's dance card... A 32" will tie things up incase anyone wanted to know what they needed to catch... Nice job team south, but we'll be back..... New updated attached in case anyone is following the scores... Later J
[signature]
Flashback, if you are trying to figure strategy for the contest this year, here are last years results in chart form... J
[signature]
Change in leadership on the board today see the updated chart attached... Team north check out the average fish for team south is 25", wow that's my biggest fish so far and they have 10 that average that size... Also note the amount of yellow in the top of the chart... Go time for the north... Later J
[signature]
Just wait until I get going. You'll be ahead in no time.[Tongue] I hope to add to the list this next week.
[signature]
South in the lead? Wow, what a shocker...[Image: happy.gif]

I'm not loving this spring weather so far. Good for a couple days, then crap again. We need some consistent decent weather to get the kitties going full throttle.

Nice work so far, BLK. Keep it up.
[signature]
[quote FishMcFisherson]South in the lead? Wow, what a shocker...[.img]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/images/gforum/happy.gif[/img]

I'm not loving this spring weather so far. Good for a couple days, then crap again. We need some consistent decent weather to get the kitties going full throttle.

Nice work so far, BLK. Keep it up.[/quote]

Usually with this weather it is always wet on my days off. This year I actually get to do some fishing during the decent times.[bobhappy] Hopefully the kitties will want to play on Monday.
[signature]
Yup team south has it go'en on, this is the fun part of the competition when it's still up in the air. Lots of changes coming fast now. Good luck next week. Later J
[signature]

Hey I agree on that weather deal a little good weather will benefit both sides. I keep expecting to see you post a 30"er. Maybe next warm up. Later J
[signature]
Can sure tell when the fishing is good, more updates filtering into the charts again today... Yes I fell to third place today.... You guys are driving me nuts.... I need to get out to try and regain some ground... You'll also see both north and south have a full dance card of fish calculating now... South ave is a full inch longer than the north, that is ten inches more fish counting, so now the back and forth can start... A key point to watch south has 4 fish over 27.5" and north has zero, in fact 26" is the largest on the north... Well enough commentary you can figure out the key facts that are important you... See attached chart... J
[signature]