Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAT-ANNOUNCEMENT Contest Change
Due to the overwhelming interest in this year's Cat Contest, and the mass of entries genuinely pouring in, I'm going to make an adjustment to the contest approach.
It really won't change anything on the scoring, but will have an impact on prize awards, but mostly it will allow more entrants so I don't have to turn anyone away.

I am officially splitting the contest. So there will be a Southern Utah Cat Contest, and a Northern Utah Cat Contest. That way EACH contest can be allowed the 49 entrants that keep us under the state radar.
The Utah Grand Prize Catter rules will remain intact. Best 3 fish from either side gets crowned Grand Pubah.

But there will be a separate award for the Best in the South and Best in the North, again - sticking with your top-3 entries.

The team totals will remains the best 10 fish from the group, and we will continue to compare N vs S for best team totals.

I think this approach will keep us legal, not really change the nature of the competition, and basically spread the prizes so someone from each team is guaranteed a winner.

Any feedback is welcome, but I've got approval, and am going with it. Input is welcome. Additional prize donations are always welcome.
Hmmm.... looks like the only change is the number on entries. More is better. I'm good with it. Fish on.

BLK and crew
[signature]
Good job John I hate to see anyone get turned away. Later J
[signature]
So this could bump the number of participants to 100?[shocked]
[signature]