Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Report (2 May)
Decided to hit Echo yesterday while it still has enough water to launch a boat. We left the dock at about 10 AM, left at around 2 PM after the wind kicked up. Start to finish we had relatively steady action on 16-18 inch bows. However, they were not aggressively feeding. It was short-strike central. I hooked all but one on a stinger trailing a baited spinner, and all our fish were caught between 25-40 feet on downriggers. We had plenty of tire kickers nibbling on the flat lines we had out, but zero hookups. Color did not seem to matter. Every pole had a different setup and color combo, and each pole had about the same amount of action.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a decent day. Good to get out while you still can. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. How far up the ramp is the water level now.?I haven't seen it for a few weeks. Does the Weber have any flow yet?

TiteLines
[signature]
[quote TiteLines]Thanks for the report. How far up the ramp is the water level now.?I haven't seen it for a few weeks. Does the Weber have any flow yet?[/quote]

Maybe halfway, and the river looks about like it has for the past few months.

Anyway, I went back today with a cure for the short strikes.[inline Stinger.jpg]
[signature]
Nice report. Thanks. Looks like a pretty good day of fishing.
[signature]