Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did I miss it?
Just wondering if I missed my chance at the crappie from shore at Willard? I have been working out of town ( same reason I missed the walleye) just curious if its all over from shore.
[signature]
Just left there and the South marina had people all around it I saw three fish caught didn't seem fast but they caught some
[signature]
Sounds Ike the Crappie may be moving into the marina, if so the bucket brigade won't be far behind.
[signature]
[#0000FF]In years past there will be some crappies extending their spawn through the end of May. Mothers' Day has traditionally been right in the middle of the spawn.

Will there be large numbers of fish available for catching from the bank? Got my concerns. The huge horde of harvesters that camped over the staging fish though much of April took a big toll on the population. Still plenty of crappies in Willard but the survivors will be more spread out. You may still find concentrations of late arrivals but you might have to move around a bit to find them.

Have only heard a few reports of a few fish being taken inside the north marina this year. The water was just a bit higher at this time last year and the fish did come in strong for a week or two. Hopefully they will still move in and not get all taken out by the bucket brigade.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]