Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/5 Willard report
Some stars aligned and we were able to hit up Willard bay on Tuesday (5/15). We had never been out there before. It was further than i thought coming from Provo/Orem area. And the fishing wasn't nearly as good as we wanted. We had four people on our boat. We started out of the North marina and trolled north and along the north dike. We quickly picked up a 12" crappie. None of us had ever caught a crappie so that was cool. We ended up catching 3 crappie, 4 wipers, and a catfish (on a Lucky Craft pointer...i didn't think that was possible.) We trolled north dike, south of north marina, then ran out to the light pole. Caught most fish just outside north marina. We caught them casting and trolling. We threw just about everything in our tackle boxes, the best were firetiger flicker shad, lucky craft blue & silver, and lucky craft perch. I had big hopes of much hotter fishing but the weather must have shut down the bite. Personally, I had never caught a crappie or wiper so that was awesome. Still no walleye though...maybe another time.
Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a pretty decent day on the bay.[cool]
[signature]
Nice job, I might have talked with you as you came off the water, I was in the black F-150. Glad you had a good trip, better luck on your next trip.
[signature]
It was good to get out. Rileyfish it was great to meet you. Thanks for your help.
[signature]