Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry DAV event 2015
[font "Calibri"]***Please see post 5 of this thread for the most up to date boat count*** [/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]I can say without a doubt this has got to be one of my favorite fishing trips of the year. To be able to give back to the men and women that have given so much. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Where: Soldier Creek Marina, Soldier Creek Recreation Area, Strawberry Reservoir[/font][font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]When: Saturday, July 11th 07:00 – 15:00[/font] [/font][font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Entry fees will be waived for volunteers. Tell the gate attendant you are part of the DAV event. You [/font][font "Calibri"]will receive a number at registration to display on your dash to signify you are an event volunteer. [/font][font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Coffee, hot chocolate and donuts will be provided. [/font][font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]•Each boat will be assigned and given a number to display.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• We will start boater registration and launching boats at 06:00 at the boat ramp.[/font][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Veterans will arrive at 07:00 and begin registration and loading boats.[/font] [font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• All boats will be launched and lined up on the water prior to loading vets.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font] [font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Boat loading will occur 1 boat at a time in single file from the end of the dock. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]•[/font][font "Calibri"] Boaters will move into the dock as they are called in numerical order, single file to pick up their [/font][font "Calibri"]veteran.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Boaters are free to head out fishing as soon as they have their assigned veteran on board.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• 13:00 Lunch will be served[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• 13:45 – 14:30 Guest speakers [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• 14:30 – 15:00 Raffle and closing ceremony.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font] [font "Times New Roman"] [/font][font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Uniform – Would like to request all active duty military to please wear working uniform. (Not required)[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Folding chairs- we have limited available seating for the BBQ so please bring any folding chairs you may have.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Fishing gear - Each veteran will receive a new rod/reel combo but not much else. Some veterans will [/font][font "Calibri"]have their own fishing gear, some will not.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]•[/font][font "Calibri"] We will have a sheet explaining the Strawberry regulations provided to each veteran.[/font][font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Boaters should have a fish measuring device to comply with regulations.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]• Safety Equipment – you will need to provide a life jacket for your guest fisherman. Cell service is pretty good on most of the lake.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Please come out and give a hand. Todd Hall (Wet1) puts on one heck of an event that I promise you'll enjoy!!![/font]
[signature]
Count me in for my boat.
I can take one Vet.
[signature]
Second year in a row it's during our scout camp so I won't be able to make it, but I highly encourage anyone else that can make it to do it. I had a total blast and wish I could have made it. Next time I hope. J
[signature]
Not 100% sure on my schedule that far out yet, but if at all possible, you can count on this Vet taking out another Vet!
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Todd (Wet1) asked me to help out this year with BTF boat registrations as well with getting Hill AFB on board. If you’re a BTF member please send me a private message with your Name, Boat type, and maximum number of veterans you would be able to accommodate. Non BFT members please email your information to [url "mailto:trevor.earl5876@gmail.com"][#0000ff]trevor.earl5876@gmail.com[/#0000ff][/url][/font][font "Calibri"] or text me at 801-814-4410. Individuals with access to the “Global” can find me there. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thanks for your willingness to service and giveback!![/font]
[signature]
Shane Bennett
1875 Lund walleye boat
1 Vet
[signature]
Trevor,

Count us Vets in as well!-

Thanks for helping Todd set this up...

PM sent
Bump.
[signature]
Bump
[signature]
Trevor sign me up with a boat and I can take one vet. I won't be wearing my uniform though. HAHA
[signature]
Any room for volunteers without a boat?[Sad]

I would like to help out, even if that is just being a photographer for the event or whatever else you might want/need.

Let me know how I can help out.
[signature]
I would like to help out this year. I am bringing another vet that wants to help out how ever we can.

I have fishing gear and a gift certificate from sportsmans to donate.
We would like to give our seats up for the other vets to go out.
Let us know where help is needed.

I feel it is my turn to give back.

Aron
[signature]
...bump...
Ok then, maybe there isn't room for a guy to help if he doesn't have a boat?
[signature]
We can use non boater volunteers. We have a pretty good bunch of volunteers that help us on the ramp every year but we can usually use anyone else that wants to volunteer.

We can also use a couple of shore fishing guides as we have a few disabled vets each year that want to fish from shore so it would be nice to have a fisherman to guide them and give them the same experience that the people who go out on the boats get.

If you would like to volunteer for shore duty, please send me a PM.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Just bad luck I guess as last year's event was on August 2nd and this year's is on July 11th. There's always next year. Hopefully the scheduling stars will align. [Wink]
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
PM sent, I am in for shore duty!![Smile]
[signature]
Any recent thoughts of doing the event at Willard like was talked a couple years back? That would sure be a lot easier for us northern members to support... Just curious... and hopefully next year we'll pick a better week for YM camp... Always good to get your event announced good and early like you did seems like the summer fills up so fast with events... Thanks so much for what you do, it's a great cause and lots of fun to participate in... Sorry I can't help this year... J
[signature]
Bump
[signature]
Sunrise on the water