Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard....again...finally
Got out on the water about 1000 after fixing the bunk brackets on the trailer. A nice day and at least for now, chased that nasty skunk out of the boat.
4 Wiper, 1 Huge Carp, 1 cookie cutter Willard Cat
[inline "(061) Wiper #1 1135 hrs 20 May 15.jpg"]

[inline "(062) Wiper #2 1418 hrs. (Kevin).jpg"]

[inline "(063) Wiper #3 1422 hrs. (Kevin).jpg"]

[inline "(064) Wiper #4 1544 hrs..jpg"]

[inline (066).jpg]

[inline (068).jpg]

[inline "(069) My keep for the day 20 May 15.jpg"]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Woohoo, you were due for a great day.
[signature]
Way to go Forest, nice outing.... Glad they wanted to play... How was the weather? Been thinking about tomorrow, but it sounds like the Flotilla day all over again, so I'm not so sure about trying that over... Will have to find good rain gear if I try it.... Way to go.... J
[signature]
Weather was great, Thunderstorms moved thru later last night, but it is looking nice right now. I'm catching up some chores at home. Hope to hit the water again tomorrow myself.
[signature]

Cool
Hey Forest, did you just violate the ban on hot-luring? LOL!

Good job, my friend.
[signature]
gee Rocky, I don't think I did. I didn't ask anyone what they were using, I just commented on what I was. And I know WB well enough to know that what worked yesterday may very well not work tomorrow.... and right this second I have one ginormous thunder storm passing over my house
[signature]

Cool
Hey good luck and if I make it I'll say hey if I see ya. Last Saturday we pulled the fire tiger all day without a hit on it so like you say you never know what they will decide to hit. Good to have several go to lures. Well keep the nasty storms away and I'll catch ya next time. J
[signature]
I was kidding, based on the lures in the mouths of those pictured wipers.
[signature]
nice post... thanks for the updates..
[signature]
We fished tonight 5-23 for about four hours. we were able to net two walleye. One was about 16" and one about 21". We fished straight west of the north marina. I found fishing to be kinda slow.
[signature]
Not a bad day at all! What did the kitty hit on?
[signature]
just a nite crawler. in fact it was left over from the Flotilla last Saturday[fishin]
[signature]

Cool
Well, it looks like you had a good make up day! I need to spend some more time looking for cats, but it kills me knowing there is a 5 lb wiper just icing to hit my lure! lol. In San Diego we had the big blue kitties figured out and routinely caught 5-10 pounders! These channels here have alluded me so far...
[signature]
Best advice I can give ya......be patient....anchor out....drop a couple baited lines on the bottom at about 3 to 7 feet almost anywhere along the south wall at Willard, or anywhere the water temp is the warmest, set your rods in a holder, drags loose, kick back and do some maintenance on your tackle box, leaders, snooze, whatever. No hits after 30 min. move down the wall about 100 yards, repeat. Areas out from the feed lot, just west of the south marina channel outlet, south west wall pocket, some of the shallow old road bed areas north of the north marina have all been places I've caught cats at WB. I'm sure there are others. And as the water gets warmer, the cats can be found almost anywhere. I've even just slow drifted down the middle on a hot summer day with very little to no wind dragging a worm on a bait hook along the bottom. You may be surprised.....I've caught Wiper, Cats, even a couple Walleye, and now and again a monster Carp tries to tow the Tin Can across the lake.
[signature]

Cool