Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum & Mantua
Started out at Hyrum yesterday before the rain hit. My Dad got a new boat and had a new kicker motor put on it, so we thought we would get a little fishing in while breaking the motor in. It was pretty much non-stop action for rainbows. Nothing bigger than 15" - 16" but we had a lot of fun. We boated and released 15 in a couple of hours and probably had twice that many hits. I guess we were a little technically challenged at getting the hooks set! The best lures were a black and gold f5 Rapala tipped with a green Berkeley maggot, and a chartreuse 3/8 oz jig head with a curly tail grub in light brown with green and gold flakes also tipped with a maggot. All fish were caught trolling between 1.7 & 2 mph, with about a 100 feet of line out. Sorry, no pictures of this trip. I was having a hard time keeping the boat strait, and reeling fish in at the same time.

After the rain a couple of my boys and I decided to go to Mantua to see if we could coax a couple of bass into biting. It was pretty non-stop for about a half-hour and then shut down. We caught them all on a drop shot with a Jackall crosstail shad in purple whinnie.
[signature]
Way to go DAD ! Sounds like a fantastic day. Like all the Smiles. Nice post.

humpy
[signature]
I lived in cache valley almost 32 years and never fished Hyrum, that is a nice pic. what does Hyrum have in the way of fish?
[signature]
We've caught largemouth bass, bluegill, perch, rainbows & splake. I know there are browns and probably cutthroat but I have never caught any in the dam, but I have in the river above the dam.
[signature]