Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigrobm33, Chickamuaga,, May CBA 7th place, 5/16/15, Dad(Pics added)
Went into the tournament not expecting much since we hadn't had much time to practice throughout the week. We stayed shallow until about 12:30 in the day catching a lot of fish on plastics, spinnerbaits and buzzbiats and had 4 fish in the livewell for about 12 lbs or so so we decided to move out a little deeper in search of a bigger fish. We pulled up on our spot we have been catching fish the past few weeks and it wasn't even 5 casts in i hooked into one. I thought i had a fish foul hooked because it didnt really fight hard it just felt like dead weight on the end of my line that was hard to move haha. Didn't get to see her till she tried to jump and couldn't even get out of the water emoEek Finally got her in the net and i thought I had finally gotten a 10lber haha but she went 8.33 at the scales so it beat my old personal best of 6-14 by a good bit emoCool . the next cast my dad break a nice fish that probably weighed 6 or 7lbs off right at the boat that would have culled a 16 incher we weighed in... so that hurt us alot. finally we culled a few times and decided we needed to head back to the ramp to make sure we made there because our motor was knocking pretty bad and we weren't sure if we were going to make it back tot he ramp or not. sure enough our lower unit goes out emoBang want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Todd Smith and his Dad for coming to pick me and our fish up so I could make it to weigh in on time and Shane Frazier for getting ahold of Towboat for us. Our 5 fish went 22.65lbs good enough for 7th place. Congrats to everyone who fished it looking forward to many more to come!