Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Lincoln Beach blast
Seems like there are frequent posts about catin' at Lincoln but gotta find room for one more.

Took my full crew out this a.m. First time out for Catrat who has been occupied with full time work and a full load of electrical engineering at UVU. Met Albinotrout at the launch as he prepped his toon for take off. Touched bases with him once and he seemed to be working the wb over pretty good. Not sure how he did on cats... expect he will post up his results soon.

We started off slow at about 6:45 a.m. fishing the Benjamin Slough inlet area. Moved to a spot near the springs and got some immediate action. Ended up with about 10 good cats before the wind came up. Catnipper took the fish of the day with a 30 inch 13 pound male. Several others in the upper mid-20s. We were in about 5 feet of water and caught fish on white bass chunks and carp meat.

Carp are going crazy. Kids shot a few in the launch area with their bows and then just started catching them in the net. More bait than we can use.

Great day and the cats seem to really be turning on.

BLK and crew
[signature]
I almost didn't go this morning when looking at the wind forecast. Glad inignored it. It was a bit slower day for me but as I learn that area more I seem to have more success. I ended up with 3 white bass, 1 crappie, and 1 21" cat. So a nice trifecta.

When I heard all that hootin and hollering I figured one of your bunch got something big.[cool] Now that is a cat....

Today was my last day on UL for at least 2 weeks. Next week I make my yearly trek to Oakland, CA. This year I have something big planned and hope all goes well.[cool]
[signature]
Way to go Lynn, Bridger and crew that looks like a great outing... Let me know the sizes and I'll get things updated.... Knew it would be a crazy weekend it's just taking a while for everything to trickle in... Lots of contest movement... Again congrats that is a nasty old monster you pulled in there... I think it's the meanest looking cat so far... Good job... J
[signature]
Yep, we had a good day today. Only caught two myself but I tied a lot of hooks on, untangled a lot of lines, and cut a lot of bait. The "hootin' and hollerin'" Albinotrout referred to was the best part of the day for me. That's what it's all about. With school out now I should have a full boatload every time we go out.

The best is here.

BLK
[signature]
Sounds like a great summer and trouble Fortean north. Glad you guys get a chance to do this. Good luck. J
[signature]
Fun trip and great pics. I like your sons hat. I am guessing that must be his lucky hat[pirate]
[signature]
Thorny-- You got it exactly right... that is his "lucky hat' and he will not fish without it. It is literally in pieces but he somehow keeps it together... sort of. Attached pic is from 2013 when he caught his first big catfish. The hat was in much better shape then but he still considers it absolutely essential to catching a big catfish.

Always fun to fish with kids.

BLK
[signature]