Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
Took the family up to mantua on Sunday so my daughter could break in her new pole she got for her birthday. We had a blast we were probably there for about two hours only the blue gill were interested but that was fine with her. We ended up keeping 15 decent ones and lost a ton of fish. ( 3 year olds get excited and have a hard time keeping the tip up.) We were getting bites really consistanly the whole time and all three girls had a blast. Now if Friday will just come a little faster so we can get to fish lake.
[signature]
Good way to break in the new pole. Fish lake should be a blast too!
[signature]
With little ones like that the key is to keep the fishing fast or they lose interest. Bluegills do a good job of that. Way to go!
[signature]
Hey JLTD,
Since you brought it up[Smile], I recently moved by Mantua and was wondering what works on the bluegills? Any side better than the other? I've never fished for them before now, looking at trying to go this Sunday. Thanks for any help and input. Maybe see you out there next time!
[signature]
We were just using small light weight bobbers I like the foam or wood ones. With about 1.5-2 ft of leader a small hook and enough night crawler to cover it. We were on the west side casting out about 10-15 ft realing back to the weed line and letting it fall. Most would hit while the worm was falling.
[signature]