Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout and Crappies at Santa Fe Reservoir 6/24/15
After a not so splendid day float tubing Cataract Lake (I came out smelling like skunk where my daughter caught one), I think being the middle of the day had something to do with it.[Wink] We decided to hit Santa Fe Reservoir. We arrived close to 6:30 pm to a whole lot of top water action with the troutskis. The water was a bit stained but not too bad. Definitely not the clear water that I am used to. My daughter was the only other one in my family (not surprised here) that wanted to wet a hook with me. Decided that spoons would be good to start with. Nada bad choice. I soon switched to a silver spinner and it was game on or should I say fish on[:p]. In 45 minutes of casting I ended up with two trout and two crappie on the spinner. As it started to get a little dark the bite on the spinners died. If one was to use a fly and a bubble they would knock the rainbows silly. Lots of jumpers. For never fishing this reservoir before I call it a success![cool]
[signature]
You are killing me with that cheesy Smile[Wink], glad to read you and your daughter caught some willing fish. How is the heat down there?
[signature]
Upper 80's in the Williams and flagstaff area. Go south about 45 minutes and it was 106 today.
[signature]
They are saying tomorrow is the beginning of our 100 degree season and they are saying it looks like at least a 5 day stretch, for starters. Enjoy the cool weather while you can[crazy].
[signature]
I am in Vegas now and at Hoover dam it was 115 today. On a cooler note I think I found the boat I like. Pic attached. Pro guide v16 with a 75 hp merc on it.
[signature]
Wow, 115*, hope it never gets that hot here in N. Utah. Very nice boat, did you look at it at the Bass Pro shop there?
[signature]
Yeah I did.
[signature]