Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1-17-04
I will be one of the many heading up on Saturday. First, I have a few small requests. I am a man w/out an auger, I will of course drill my own hole if I could borrow an auger for a few moments. I al so haven't ice fished much & am not real keen on tackle, any suggestions on what to pick up before I head out?

I have a rod & several small ratfinkees, but that is about it.

some help please?
[signature]
Dude: Ice fisherman are the friendliest of all fisherman, you will not have any problem borrowing an auger.

jigging spoons,rat finki's,sparkle jigs,Foxee jigs.

worms,wax worms,perch meat.
[signature]
I will try to head out to Hooked tomorrow afternoon & you can equip me properly. What are your hours?
[signature]
9 am to 8 pm
[signature]
I work on base, I will be there in 15 minutes!
[signature]
Polo from the above sign on I think we have found us a cook which means you and I may get in a little more fishing. I'm more than willing to share may auger and a few lures for a good meal. ha ha!!! What do I mean ha ha I'm serious. Chefwhofishes look forward to seeing you there.
[signature]
Hey chef, if you work on base, then you can rent an auger at outdoor recreation. It's like $2/day. I was thinking about renting one myself. You can see their web page by going to [url "http://www.hill.af.mil"]www.hill.af.mil[/url] and on the left of the screen there's a link for services/recreation. From there there's a link to the outdoor recreation page which has a list of items and prices. I've rented camping stuff from them, and never had a problem.

Matt
[signature]
I know a sure way to get an auger to use, that is start to use a hatchet to make your first hole and it will be replace real quit. [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Hey Chefwhofishes, I will lend you my auger if you would like to use it. I also have an adapter for an cordless drill to fit on the auger so if you have a cordless of at least 14 volts bring it along. I also have some ice fishing lures that I could show you what is what. James is really good at Hooked and he can really buff you up. Last weekend I fished rockport and the things that were really working were the pink fire ants and green power bait.
[signature]
Thank you everyone, I went to Hooked last night & got $57.00 worth of set-up for Rockport, as well as some good advice & tips from both James & the lovely Stephanie. I would love to help out in any way w/ the breakfast. I will be leaving from the Roy/Ogden area around 6:30 a.m. If anyone would like a ride let me know. I drive fast, but I listen to good music!
[signature]