Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trolling American Falls
Hello,
I am hoping to fish American falls soon. I have never fished the reservoir but when I do I will be trolling. I have gear for catching Kokes at Ririe....lead core trolling lines...pop gear and down rigger.

My plan is to fish using same trolling rods and pull a cd10 or cd 11 rapala perch and blac/silver. I appreciate any tips you might have. I think I will launch sportsman's or near the dam depending on feedback or tips.

thanks
[signature]
i hear american falls has been slow most of the summer but havent had a chance to fish it lately. most ppl i know who do fish it have best luck on downriggers. typically there are more fish by the dam but thats not to say that sportsmans is out of the picture as thats where i usually hear reports for size. last time i went we spotted fish in sportsmans at about 16 fow and the dam at about 30-40 but didn't get any bites. there were some other fishermen at a cove area about a mile or 2 north of the ramp by the dam.
all this was about a month or so ago so things might have changed. hope to hear a fresh report if you get out there.
[signature]
Well,
I went out early this morning...launched at the dam.......trolled for a bit no takers.....headed north towards cliffs (cove) down rigger set at 20' in 35-40 FOW. trolled a crawler rig and landed a 12lb carp....first carp ever for me.
tried:
black/white rapala,
brown trout rapala,
krocodile lure following a jensen lure
silver spinner
had some bumps on perch rapala trolling throughout the whole trip but no hookups...
trolled on lead core lines and downrigger...did see many fish on my finder but no takers.

water was dirty green at the surface but clear on sonar. Overall very slow but glad to land a big carp.

Other boats (about 5) did not seem to be landing any.

I hope to go back in the fall and do better.
[signature]
I love American Falls. When, the winds not blowing. It can change real fast. Their deep those browns. Open water. You need pop gear with out orange. Old school.

Idaho
[signature]
If there is anyone from the valley going over there in the near future, Please let me know, PM me,
Matt
[signature]
Any, luck on the Falls.I heard there is a DCB. Around their. No, Bass fishing from a boat like that. Anyone, seen it?

Idaho
[signature]
what is dcb. bass is good in spots. sturg better[fishon]
[signature]
dcbperformanceboats.com
their boats like offshore race boats the bow of them would make a killer casting deck and you would always be first to the hole not much of a trolling boat though lol[cool]
[signature]