Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Cape - Tuna, sailfish, weather and more
East Cape - Tuna, sailfish, weather and more
I don't think many will argue that this has been a crazy year. Seems like we never had a winter and went from fall straight into spring. In May we experienced two Cat 4 hurricanes and had to cancel a few fishing days because of the nasty weather. Chubascos in May are unheard of around these parts but like I said it has been a crazy year. Since that time there have been another 9 named storms pass by in the Pacific. We have been fortunate that none of that weather has been a threat to Los Cabos. In fact, since May we have had very few windy days and the sea of Cortez has been flat.

Yesterday I was surprised to find myself in 91.7 degree water. The good news is sailfish were abundant. The bad news is the warm water is just the fuel needed to create the perfect storm. I hope the tropical systems just keep heading west but am on high alert at all times because of what I'm seeing out there.

East Cape has developed a reputation of giving anglers constant action. Recently we have had some epic days but it hasn't been consistent. Sailfish are the best bet right now for anglers wanting action. Yellowfin have been on and off, dorado noneexistent and wahoo hard to target. Rooster fishing has also tapered off.

Most anglers are getting off the airplane with tuna madness. It has meant unreasonably long boat rides and only a 40 to 60% chance of success. There has been some quality fish but also a lot of frustration and disappointment.

Posted are photo highlights of the week

[Image: 811151.jpg]

[Image: 811152.jpg]

[Image: 811153.jpg]

[Image: 811154.jpg]

[Image: 811155.jpg]

[Image: 811156.jpg]

[Image: 811157.jpg]

[Image: 811158.jpg]

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com