Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek with a fly
I am new to fly fishing and haven't fished trout in a lake so I gave lost creek a try. I parked right by the dam and launched my tube at 6:00. I headed north following the shore and my black wooly bugger instantly started catching fish. In the first two hours I had caught 11 fish and all were bows from 8-16 inches. It started getting dark so I put on a elk hair caddis and landed two more and one was an 18" cut which I was pretty happy about. In all I caught 13 fish in under 3 hours. It was an amazing night for me on a fly rod. I probably had well over 30 bites but just had a hard time hooking and landing the fish. Also, I was using type 4 sinking line, when I started fishing the fish were pretty deep.
[signature]
Congrats to your successful 1st Stillwater outing and thanks for the report!
[signature]
Good job you have found out how we do it.
[signature]
It sounds like you had a great first time trout fishing on flatwater. Thanks for the report. It took me several trips before I started to catch on to how it was done.

I plan to give it a try in a couple of weeks in my tube with the fly rod. The fish are starting to get some size to them with the slot limit.[Smile]
[signature]