Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike
Planning on camping at Cottonwood the 11th -13th of September and was wondering if any one Knows about crawdading there and if they would share a decent spot to catch a few. Thanks
[signature]
Careful there are commercial trappers there and they aren't friendly. They have traps clear thru the narrows. I'd give the fish and game a call, they'll give you the scoop. Last year I was getting them in the marina at cottonwood, Right where I saw you last.
[signature]
There is a some commercial guys down there, there not all that bad, I trade carp too one of them...... pretty much the narrows, by the Dam, and the snake river arm are all good places, they like rocks too hide in and try too use carp or sucker for you bait, perch works also, but i'm not about too share those with crawdads.... good luck Michael,
Matt
[signature]
Thanks guys Hope hunting season is good for you and I will keep an eye out for the commercial guys.
[signature]
I put out craw dad traps once in awhile. I have trapped them in many different areas. Just stay withing 15 to 25ft off shore, make sure you have some fresh meaty bait, put the traps in and go fishing for the day. Then pick up the traps. I've never got more than 5 or 6 per trap. Make sure your traps are clearly labeled with your name and phone number.
[signature]
I'm heading to CJ tomorrow, the 10th, for the day, going after Bass, like what else, right! Wish you were going to be there! Haven't had a chance to catch up with you for a while. I'll let you know how we do.
[signature]
Hi Bob so good to hear from you! Yes we won't be there till Thursday night or early Friday. Gonna chase perch and crappie and a few bass. God to hear from you!
[signature]
anyone fishing the black sands derby on the 19th every thing but bass and sturgeon has a class lots of fun this year will be my 10th year in a row going
[signature]
Entry form?
[signature]
Had an interesting day at CJ. Launched the boat and took off, got about 100 yds and the motor shut down. Fuel line going into the motor cracked. Fixed that and continued on. Fished most of the morning with only a few bites here and there. Finally caught a couple of small smallies. Water was pea soup green, even looked like you could walk on it, it was that thick. Needed some wind to mix it up. Called it quits at noon. When we left they were blading the road and putting more dirt on it so you should've had a smoother trip in. Went to Grandview and had lunch. Still a great day, saw a bald eagle, mink, canadian geese landing on the water and deer. What more can you ask for. God is good.
[signature]
Got Invited out to CJ yesterday and it was a great day. Perch, Trout, Crappie and Gills all seemed to be active and I caught and released a real dandy Smallmouth [bobhappy]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data...15_006.JPG
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data...15_005.JPG
[signature]
no entry forums just show up to the bar the day of or the night before in the past it has been $15 a person includes a good dinner usually steak so can't really go wrong with that also they have a great raffle at the end tons of camping and fishing stuff this is what get black sands though the winter so come out and show some support plus even if you dont win still a great place to catch a buzz and hang with good people
[signature]
Fishing was good in the narrows on Friday and Saturday. I've attached a picture of part of Friday's catch. It was great to see Michael and Gloria again. Met some new friends also (thanks Michael).
[signature]
It was great to see you and Dave Neil and thanks for showing me how to catch crappie! We had a good three days fishing, Gloria & I. A few perch and blue gill out from Cottonwood Friday morn until rich and Cindy showed then in the afternoon we fished he narrows for mostly perch but also set the crawfish traps for an hr and landed 6 very nice ones, a start to a crawfish boil, YUM

Saturday we were heading to the air force ramp drop the traps and we saw Dave & Neil and he showed me how to catch crappie. When it shut off we started out for the ramp again and just before leaving the narrows I ran out of fuel, note to self check the fuel before you go, I had listened to the LORDs prompting to put in my spare gal. Used it all and got going again. The ramp had slowed way done so we decided to head to camp. I proceeded at about trolling speed, then about 1000yrds from Cottonwood I was on trolling motor power. Boy was it hot!

We all were worn out from the heat so we decided to get an early start for perch out from cottonwood and it was very steady and not to bad sized, not to self just before going home is not the time t catch a bunch of fish. Cleaned till 9 after we got home, very tired.

Decided on this trip that my aversion to pulling doubles came to an end. Tired of climbing up into bed and lots more room plus the shower was very nice. So now I am looking for a trailer.

Great week end, Thanks for every ones help and Thank you LORD.
[signature]
[left]Nice work on those Crappies in the Narrows.. They have been elusive for us last two trips..
[/left]
[signature]
Evidently the crappie are at the Air Force ramp, I thought they were having a boat show. Lol
[signature]
Ha-ha I know... We were like.."right here huh?". I guess the perch are just stacked up right through there..
[signature]
Perch at the air force ramp last I knew. They've been there for 3 months. Seems to be thinning out quite a bit now. Imagine that. 3 months of hundreds of fish coming out of there per day.
[signature]
Perch are everywhere and they are finally getting a little size to them. Hope it freezes over again, what a hoot. I'm digging the big bluegill.
[signature]