Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun friday at Willard 9/25
I had the day off work and took the opportunity to hit Willard. I launched about 7:00am and headed back to the hump I had success on two weeks ago over in freeway bay. I anchored up and put out a couple lines with mussels on them, it took until 8:30 to get my first Wiper and then in quick succession caught a cookie cutter cat and a carp then nothing so around 10:00 I ran over to the southwest corner and put out a couple Rattlin Raps and proceeded to troll down the west wall doing s turns going to 14 ft. depth on the outside then turning back towards shore going to 10 ft. then turning back out. I caught 8 wipers doing that, 6 of which where on a shad pattern when I got to where the wall turns towards the east I turned around and trolled about halfway back to the south west corner and anchored up in 11 ft. of water and tossed out my muscles and got on the fish right away catching 13 in that spot. I called it a day heading back to the ramp around 1:30. The count for the day: 22 wiper 2 cats and 1 carp.
[signature]
Sweet! maybe I shoulda hit the bay with you...I had my heart set on the berry though. Was good up there too, but fat deep fried wipers do sound pretty dang good!
[signature]
Well, I had to work today, but I'm all set with mussels, crawlers, coffee, sweet tea, some cinnamon donuts, and a couple new lures I got for my birthday I will just have to take out and at least get wet tomorrow.
Hope I can do as well or even half as well as you did today. You had a outstanding day.
Plan to be launching out of the north marina about 7-7:30.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Great report. Sounds like an awesome day![cool]
[signature]