Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrowrock in Oct?
Looks like I'm going to have a free day this weekend, and I'd like to get my 4 year old out fishing for the afternoon.

I'd like to stay as close to home (Treasure Valley) as possible. Arrowrock is high on the short list. I know it's low right now (25% of capacity), but slowly rising. Has anyone had any luck up there this time of year? I'll be in a small boat, so we will have the capability of getting away from shore.

I'm not asking for anyone's secret spot, just curious about the reservoir's action in general in fall.

TIA
[signature]
Generally AR fishes great in the fall but I haven't been up there for months. The ramp will be fairly busy with the opening of deer but they are usually gone by first light. Good luck.
[signature]
Thank you, sir. My boat is small enough that I don't need a ramp. Will find a spot to drive down on the dirt and just go from there.
[signature]
Got my boy out Saturday afternoon from 1 till 6. Fishing was SLOW the first half, so we beached the boat and my boy threw rocks into the water for 1.5 hours (what is it with young boys and throwing rocks? Funny stuff).

Action really picked up around 4. We caught and released quite a few of what appeared to be bull trout. For a "threatened species", there sure were a bunch of them.

All in all, a fantastic day on the water with my youngest boy. 90 degrees and sunny in October. Crazy!
[signature]