Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunting and fishing with google earth?
ive used googke earth for years to plan and execute fishing and hunting adventures. I pair it up with my gps and have found some really great adventures this way.

Any of you use google earth? I thinks the best thing the internet has ever developed for the average guy?

www.aerialpursuitflyfishing.com
[signature]
Love Google Earth. I like it for places I might want to see, but don't want to go there! Wife wants to travel to the middle east, pyramids and all that nonsense. I can see 'em fine on GE. Same with the Mayan rock piles, I mean ruins, or artifacts, or whatever they call 'em. I'll go fishing instead.

And yes, its nice to scout rivers with too. Launches, water types, obstacles on a float, which channel to take, and little "secret" spots! Used it a lot fishing in the Everglades and Keys too. Can't beat a birds-eye view of the earth.
[signature]
Google earth is the reason people dont need to give up their secret spot, just post a picture and you can figure it out. But beyons that I use it to scout every new adventure!
[signature]
lol ive done that exact thing. look at a picture and figure out where it was taken.

Ive figured out powerlines and mountain tops and triangulated their locations. lol

[signature]
Greatest Tool the Outdoor's man ever made for the price!

Used it very successfully in the winter finding trail heads that are covered in snow or covered by the snow plow. Just enter the GPS coordinates from earth Google and you usually can get within a hundred feet on the road of the spot. I also use to scout and see where those hidden spots are for the Elk Hunt - unfortunately what is an inch on the map is mostly an hour walk when you get there.
[signature]
I like looking at pictures of reservoirs when they're down in the fall because I can find structural elements that are underwater in the spring and summer. I was able to follow a creek channel on my favorite lake and the next spring I caught some huge bass that were holding along its edge.
[signature]
along with some drone pictures you can tell alot about certain waters. Probably smaller water.

Since I mainly flyfish for bass at night on this pond its important to know where the shallow and deeper spots are.

[signature]