Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Creek, Weston,and deep Creek ice reporr
Went and checked some spots today in the snow storm. Weston has 6+ inches talked to a guy there fishing in the storm said he's been on it most of last week. Deep Creek still has open water and is fishable from the shore in spots. Devils Creek is iced over again edges look mushy I'd let it be for another week before venturing out on it. Crowthers I fished Saturday has 3 1/2 to 4 inches still a little nerve racking to be on it.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
I was out on Devils Sunday 4-5 inches near the boat ramp once you found way onto the ice. Fishing was decent but they were bitting light missed a lot more than we hooked.
[signature]
How didcya get on the ice
[signature]
North of the boat ramp there was an area that you could get on the ice. there was only a couple feet of open water on the edge there. We stayed until around 4 and it was really starting to freeze. If you head out there this weekend head north of the boat ramp 20-30 yards. At the boat ramp there was 4-5feet of open water in front of the ramp not sure if it will be solid enough for a lot of tragic by then and it will be hard to tell with all the snow we have had until you are standing knee deep in the water. Makes for a long cold day of fishing when you start it wet.
[signature]
How has the guy fishing Weston been doing?
[signature]
He had two on the ice when I was there. Just pan sized
[signature]
I guess you were talking about trout, I know there are some nice perch in there when you can find them. Thanks for your reply.
[signature]
Sean,
It was good to meet you on the ice yesterday. I had a great time fishing and hope to see you on the ice again. I caught a few other nice fish once you left. I know you will make a killing today. Had to re-register on BFT.
[signature]
Had a blast too Warren. Post some pics of that awesome cutbow ya caught
[signature]
Devils Creek yesterday had 5-6 inches on it caught some good fish on it. Crowthers has 5 inches and is hot! Missed a few soft biters but had a good time on it. Deep Creek is still unsafe Weston has 6-8 inches of ice depending on where your at. Stone reservoir has 6 inches and the perch are biting.
[signature]