Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 big game hunts
So, most all of the big game hunts for this year have wrapped up or are just about to conclude with the final cow hunts finishing up! I had a great season harvesting two nice bucks, one Utah and one Montana bucks. I also finished up with a nice cow elk just before Christmas to round out the year and fill the freezer.

Tomorrow starts the first day of the Utah big game application process. I'm going to do Utah and Montana again. Sure hoping I could draw my moose soon.

So, what's everyone else doing this year for species, states, weapons, etc.

Ready, go!
[signature]
I've got 16 LE Elk bonus points, I figure I've got a 50/50 shot at a Boulder Mountain muzzleloader tag...this could be my year!

If not, another Alberta goose trip might be in order.
[signature]
I had that many when I drew my Muzzy tag for Elk there. . Good luck? Keep us posted.
[signature]
I have 14 points for LE Elk Rifle Monroe unit so hopefully I draw out in the next 5 years
[signature]
When did you hunt the boulder? How did you do?
[signature]
2011, 361 Bull
[signature]
You should, do not hesitate to do the muzzy hunt. its full on rut and you would greatly enjoy it. Im so glad I did.
[signature]
That's exactly what I'm hoping for [Smile]
[signature]
Good luck, looks like you had some spectacular bird hunts this past year, me and some friends made up some Canadian honker summer sausage, it was spectacular.
[signature]
Ok guys and gals, what the plans for 2016, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[signature]
I have 12 points for bear and hope either a La Sal or San Juan tag is in my near future. I have only 4 elk points and hope for a Nebo Archery tag so I can get back to earning buck points as I really want 1 more good deer tag before my body wont let me hunt how I love to. I am in no mans land on Sheep with 16 points but maybe will get lucky someday.

Hoping for general muzzy tags for me, my wife and daughter. My wife has 16 moose points and we will keep our fingers crossed for Wasatch. Maybe my Daughter can pull a Vernon tag on her first try.[Smile]

And we always have a blast hunting turkeys. Maybe an archery elk trip to Idaho, God willing and the creek don't rise.
[signature]
Wow, best of luck bovine, sounds like a bear is coming up. I have 17 moose points, hoping soon, I can't go like I used to or want to either. Getting older sucks. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
I'm hoping the wife or our oldest son will draw a moose tag with 18 points this year, She usually has moose come into the water hole she hunts every year during the archery hunt. Still waiting on Roger to finish her bear that she took in Canada last spring, he's staying fairly busy now days I guess.
[signature]
Looking forward to seeing that bear Pete. I'm sure hoping on my moose also. Good luck.
[signature]
Same to you Mark.
[signature]
Arizona Late Rifle Elk with 1 point - 25% and 27% chance on the two hunts. Points in Deer, Antelope, with a shot in the dark at sheep.

Points in Colorado for deer.

Points in Nevada for all species.

Utah General Deer party app with a buddy (4 points total) to try and get him his first buck using the loop-hole - Putting FL 1000 lakes as first choice, Monroe, Mt Dutton, Panguitch, Boulder

Utah LE/OIL all NR shots in the dark.

Utah points for Bear.

Wyoming - Draw/General - Deer, Elk, Pronghorn. Points for Moose/Sheep

OTC Idaho (Whitetail) or Nebraska (Smokepole) if I'm feeling frisky at the end of the year.

It should be a great year.
[signature]
Good luck to you on all of these, could be a busy year. Look forward to reading about your hunts this fall.
[signature]
Think I'm putting in with my wife book cliffs I hunted it twelve years ago my son in law has hunted it the past two years his dad took a nice 370 bull and my daughter a 365 last year he knows the area well and isent afraid to kill in bad places the wife has 23 points and I have 11 think I'll try to piggy back in on her.
[signature]
Sounds like the perfect situation, fingers crossed you or your family draw out.
[signature]