Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 1/30/16 am fishing
Fished Echo today and had a blast fishing with my dad from 9am to 1pm. Caught 6 rainbow trout in varying water depths from 16' to right off of the bottom at 28'. Also landed 5 small perch and released 2 of them and then kept the others for bait. Had 2 perch on the line but ended up loosing them. My dad landed 1 rainbow and had 2 fish on the line but was having a hard time getting the hang of the ice fishing rod. I added a few pics for your enjoyment!
[signature]
Glad you had some success, that one rainbow looks like pretty good size! What kind of lures were you using? Also, remember the limit on trout is 4 [Smile]
[signature]
We were using a mixture of lures. The one that had the most success was a Swedish pimple tipped with a wax worm. I caught the biggest trout on bottom in 28' of water when I was fishing for perch. The most consistent trout bait was a glow paddle bug tipped with a wax worm. Oh and about the limit I was fishing with my dad. [fishin]
[signature]
Ok, maybe I misunderstood. I thought your dad caught 1 trout, and in the picture there are 6. I assumed you had caught and kept 5 of those, which would be over your limit. Just didn't add up to me, sorry!

I've been thinking about trying Echo since I've never fished there. I've done Rockport, East Canyon, and Jordanelle but never Echo. I've heard the dam area can be good for trout and perch. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Oh got ya I get what you mean now. We caught 3 of the trout on the jaw jacker that I set up as an extra pole. I count them as me catching them since it's my equipment but it's whomever gets there first that gets to reel them in. So if we are getting technical he landed 3 fish total. But we usually combine our limits and divvy fish up at the end of the day.

On a dif note we were fishing towards Coalville from the boat launch. It worked out pretty good for us. I've never ice fished down by the dam. It's always been good during the summer.
[signature]