Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcum Showdown
Have any of you Showdown owners had any issues with moisture causing malfunctions in the control panel?
[signature]
I bought the 2.0 at the end of our short ice fishing season last year and I haven't had any problems but read these reviews on Amazon, looks like it is a common problem.
http://www.amazon.com/MarCum-Showdown-Tr...B0081X0SN2
[signature]
I have had my Showdown for three years now and have had no issues. Love my Marcum !
[signature]
My showdown is on its 3rd season. Haven't had any issues at all with mine. I noticed one day it was showing a ton of junk on the screen and when fishing shallow it was reading really deep. I read a few reviews online and found out the battery cables had wiggled loose... Tightened them back up and haven't had any issues since.
[signature]
I've had my Showdown for over 6 years and I've never had an issue with moisture in the power head. It is sealed to prevent water and condensation. You may have a leak in the seal and that can probably be corrected by the Marcum support folks.

I suggest you send them an email describing the problem and they will give you some options to consider. Their customer service is very good and they are prompt when responding to emails. Here's a link to the Marcum customer service support:

http://marcumtech.com/support/

My Showdown is the regular, full size unit and not the Ice Troller model. There may be a difference in the construction but it still shouldn't leak moisture.

I hope you get some help with your problem.

Mike
[signature]
Thank you all for your comments.

Seems like when I start thinking of buying something to aid in fishing something else breaks or needs replacing. I have to prioritize my needs.

I have an old Zercom Flasher ( gray scale) . Had it years before the company was sold to Marcum. Well the other day the depth control went crazy. I got it partially fixed but just for the 30' setting. Most cases that would be fine. I do however fish deeper water so a replacement is necessary.

The reason for asking about the moisture is because I to read reviews stating some have had a problem. Some times people don't know how to take care of their equipment and think the problem is caused by others. I needed help from fisherman in our area. Thanks!

Showdown is the only other depth finder I can see with a gray scale. I have a hard time seeing the color scale unless I am inside some type of shelter which I don't like unless I have to.

RJ
[signature]
I purchased a showdown when they first came out a few years back. Great unit.
Although for the money they sell for now I would buy a entry level flasher. I purchased this unit for 30$ more than the Showdown was at the time. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WOLN...ge_o02_s00

After fishing the two I prefer the flasher but my son (why I made another purchase) prefers the Showdown. Either way, you cant go wrong.
[signature]