Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VERY SPECIAL IDAHO GOOSE HUNT
My buddies and I just got back from a three day speckle belly hunt in Idaho, had one good day of shooting out of three had a great place to stay with a 25 minute drive to the goose fields. The high point of the trip for me was taking my first mature speckle belly which just happened to be a banded male. The outfitter text the number in and with in an hr or so sitting in our layout blinds had the birds history which said he was banded in Alaska in 2007 and was at least 2 years old. That made the old boy at least 11 years old, just think of the miles that old boy has covered, I was so tickled. He will have a special place in our home. Had a great time with some good friends.
[signature]
Looks like a fun trip and congrats on the banded goose. Haven't heard of speckled belly geese before.
[signature]
The proper name for them is white fronts due to the light colored markings on the mature birds heads just behind the light colored bill, but most people call them speckle bellies. They are such a different bird and have their own call that can be distinguished very easily from other types of geese, they make a lot of different sounds when they are calling and like snowflakes no two birds have the same marking on their breast. Fun hunt [Smile]
[signature]
Congrats on the hunt.....
Matt
[signature]
Extremely jealous, looks awesome!
A big part of goose hunting for me is the land/farm areas that you get to hang out in while in pursuit of our feathered friends.
Nothing better than roaming around a farm, especially if you get to encounter a variety of animals.
Thanks for including pics of the blinds and the house.
[signature]
Beautiful birds!!! Looks like a dandy hunt. I am jealous. [Smile]
Congrats
[signature]
It was a nice time spent with friends and special for one of the guys who had never shot a speck before.
[signature]
A banded spec...friggin incredible!! That is a one in a lifetime trophy, congrats!
[signature]