Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek 2/21
The road going to the reservoir is riddled with pot holes.

Started fishing around 6:30 with two other guys. In the early morning the only thing that we caught fish on was shrimp. On a ratfinkie and also on a 1/32 jig head but we had missed hits on power bait. Fishing slowed around 10:30, after we moved we caught a few more on powerbait. Salmon peach and green garlic. 6 cuts and 2 bows in total. All the cuts were in the slot and the bows needed to grow some more before they met the BBQ. Ice was an average of 12" and no slush. We left at 2:30 and there were some pools of water gathering along the edges all around the lake. And the ice looks like it's slowly starting to weaken. I noticed a lot of air bubbles in the walls of the holes we drilled and the ice was cloudy. I would say this lake has one, maybe two weeks at most of safe ice if this weather keeps up.
[signature]
I have been wondering how that ice was holding up.. I went 2 weekends ago and there was 6 inches of frozen slush on top of the good ice so i feel like that place could get messy real fast. I'm going again on the 27th. Will follow up with a report.

Don't forget your Planks this time of year folks!
[signature]
Some thing rare for me but, I was lost on lost creek.. Only managed to land 2 tiny bows ALL DAY !! But it was a beautiful day on the ice..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT !