Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake March Fourth
Took my Dad to BL today, started at marina but narly ice conditions moved us along. Stopped at the 250 south loop and got a little nervous for getting out of there after the frost came out of the ground, plus I wasn't real sure of trusting the ice far enough to walk to the rock pile today plus I hadn't been to the east side for a long time and I kind of hoped it would be good. Anyway we hit Cisco and on the second set of holes Dad tied into a nice tug. Took him awhile but he got a nice fat cutt. From there things went down hill, tried many depths, back and forth across the beach and hardly seen anything on the graph. It was a desert over there and I got skunked again. Anyway the ice was great over there around 11" and still pretty solid. Top gets melted later in the day. Fun day being with my Dad, but the fishing could have been better. Later J
[signature]
Good report Jeff. I'm glad your dad got one.

The ice fishing is pretty much over for the year and the ice on the west side is softening up pretty quick. Next warm wind event is going to see it split wide open I'm guessing.

Mike
[signature]
Yup there were a lot of spots with big ponds before you got to the ice on the west side. I think the ice is a lot better on the east side, but it didn't seem like the fish were still in over there. Seen people at first and second point, but we didn't ask them how they were doing so I can't report for them.

Was dang fun to see Dad get into a fish, that was my main goal today and I got very lucky that it happened. He's seen the fish I've been catching and really wanted to get there so I was glad it worked out. Thanks for all your help this winter it was great!!! See ya cat fishing soon. J
[signature]
Hey skunked I thought the picture of your dad looked familiar my dog club runs test on his farm every fall. navhda he know me and my uncle darel webb very well cool to see he got into a fish small world.
[signature]
Yup that's my Dad, in fact I was probably the guy in the pontoon when you guys were getting ready for the water trials. I might have been out of there by the time you got there, but I know some of your group were arriving before I was done fishing the one day.

I have heard Dad mention your uncle several times and I'm glad you guys like that spot for your tests. Dad is finally about finished with the pheasants so he was able to leave home and catch a fish. Not many days in a year I can talk him into going anymore so I'm sure glad he found a fish. He was busy finalizing his pheasant order for next season and working his water issues on the phone so even a day off still kept him busy. But the fishing was so slow I don't blame him. Anyway thanks for the hello. Later J
[signature]