Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Catfish Contest Ahi1953
Team North
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Thanks for doing this, can I ask you to do one thing? Can you edit the title and put your username in the title too? Thanks J
[signature]
Looks great thank you... Now good luck on nailing some big cats... J
[signature]
26 3/4
4/6/2016
Cutler Reservoir

[#00bf00]Nice fish 26.5 points sorry per rules only score to nearest half inch rounded down.. J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Very nice fish. I can only award points to the half inch so you'll get shorted a quarter. Also watch those shadows they make it hard to see the tip of its nose, but I think I'm okay on this one. Nice catch. Later J
[signature]
14 1/2
4 9 2016
Brigham city bird refuge

[#00bf00]Got ya, 14.5 points, way to try new areas... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
20 "
4/21/2016
Bird Refuge

[#00ff00]Hey nice job, would you mind if I call it 20.5, it's right at that half inch so I'll give it to you... Later J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
5/2/2016
28"
Bird Refuge

[#00bf00]There ya go, very nice fish 28 points and it looks like I should have fished cats instead of Willard... Good job.. J [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Very nice!
[signature]
5/11/2016
26.5 "
Bird Refuge
[#00bf00]Nice Fish again... Good for 26.5 points, moving to #2 in the standings, good job... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
29"
8/01/2016
Bird Refuge

[#00ff00]Holy Catfish Batman.... nice cat at 29 points and the comment is because I looked ahead and read the last page first... [/#00ff00]
[signature]
Nice cat! Maybe the bigguns are ready to get active since the spring sling has come to an end and all the cigs have been smoked.👍
[signature]
29"?
8/1/2016
Bird Refuge
This one was later that evening the other one was caught after midnight on the fishing trip I started on 7/31.
its real close to 29 I'll let you be the judge. even if you call it 28.5 its still good for my score.

[#00bf00]Anyway part 2 of my comments... Very nice fish, I think the second is bigger than the first, it is 29 points for sure and I agree with ice sled, if you would have had someone holding that one straight I think it could have been 29.5... But since I have to score off what I see I can't speculate and give you credit for that, but I will give you the 29 points and welcome to a tie for first place... Nice job!!! [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Looks like 29.5". Just my two cents.
[signature]
yes I know if some of my fish would stay at attention they might get a 1/2 inch. but I'm a lone wolf and always fish solo. Grandkids just dont like the bugs and are ready to call it a night if we sit there for more than 20 minutes without a bite.
[signature]
I have the same problem. Hard get them straight long enough to click the photo. Especially when they are too long to fit in the picture unless you get more than an arms length away. Good problem to have. Nice fish. Later J
[signature]
30"
8/9/2016
Bird refuge
hope I'm seeing this right

[#80ff00]Okay I know this one will be one of the top measures of the year and may be open to intense scrutiny, but with the head over the one end, it appears to make up for the 1/8" short on the tail end. Wish you had a bump board, to make it easier, but I think it is 30" so I'm giving you 30 points... I gave one to team south that I had the same question on, so I think it's only fair you get credit as well. Nice job taking the lead... J[/#80ff00]
[#80ff00]
[/#80ff00]
[#80ff00]PS... Man that fish has a big head....[/#80ff00]
[signature]
after I posted it as 30 and looked at the picture zoomed in on the tail I think I'm an 1/8" inch short. your call
[signature]
30"
Bird Refuge
8/27/2016

[#00ff00]Wow you are dialed into the big fish... 30 points and looks longer... Nice job... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
Dang Dude you are making it hard for us Southern Boys! Nice cat👍
[signature]