• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 CATFISH CONTEST Sharksugar101
21 inch Catfish
Bear River
3/21/16

29 inch Carp
Bear River
3/21/16

I don't think I'm on the list yet but I thought I might as well post it to get a head start.

[#00bf00]Yup you're already on the contest list, and ready to go... I'm cutting your cat down to 20.5", I couldn't verify the 21... The carp is 29", nice fish... Last year 30" won the carp contest... One request, can you please put the end of the tape on the end of the fish, my math isn't the best... congrats... J [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Yeah, I realized how hard it was to count the numbers on the tape measure after I took the picture! I will do it different next time so we can both read it better.
[signature]
No worries, but thanks for the help with it. That carp may be in the running for a prize, not many bigger last year. Good luck. J
[signature]
15.5 inch Catfish
Bear River
3/23/16

Not the biggest, but it's a fish!

[#00bf00]Hey it's good at 15.5" puts you in the lead for the smallest cat contest so far and biggest carp... I'm impressed you made it bite today, that was probably a tough task on a cold, full moon day... Congrats..[/#00bf00]
[signature]
22 1/2 Catfish
Bear River
4/4/2016

20 1/2 Catfish
Bear River
4/4/2016

[#00bf00]Sorry about this, but I can't get the extra 1/2" on both fish, I use a straight edge and project from the tape up to fish and I get 22 and 20 points for the fish. I need the measurement close enough that I can see better and when the end of the tape isn't at the end of the fish I have to subtract the difference from the end reading. CVfisher has his photo's on a bed liner in his truck so I know what straight lines are and it has bought him a little extra length sometimes, but without a better way for me to judge I have to go off what I can see... Sorry about that... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
23"
Bear River
6/2/16

I put this one on the tail-gate to try and make it easier for you to measure. Hope it helps and I get every inch!

[#00ff00]Good for 23 points[/#00ff00]
[signature]
23"
Bear River
6/4/16

Just can't seem to break the 23" mark! I will keep trying though, maybe one of these nights I will get that elusive 30" cat, probably when the contest ends though.

[#00ff00]Good for another 23 points...[/#00ff00]
[signature]