Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Contest Scores 2016
Hey all let's get this thing going again... Got 3 scores on the board already, so here's a look at the leader board as of 3-22-16 a week after things opened.... Team north taking an early lead... Way to go CM_fishing... I know there are some of you southern boys catching lots of fish, try entering a few to keep things interesting... Later J

[inline catcon322a.JPG]
Hey how about another update got a few new cats on the board... And thanks whichever Mod added the chart in line thanks... However, I don't what this post on a sticky, I like to leave it as a location marker so I know which posts I need to look at, so everything above it needs to be updated and those below should already be worked...

Anyway back to the scores... north is in the lead total score wise, however, south has a much higher per fish average so far... I marked the interesting scores in orange for your quick reference... Later J
[signature]
End of week two and we have a few more cats on the board including a new leader on the biggest fish end of things... I'm just thinking if you guys are catching this many fish in slow times, I'm going to be busy come prime time... Keep it up and best of luck to you all... Later J
[signature]
Okay finally got everything updated I think, if I missed something please let me know.... But here is how it all stacks up to this point.... First 30" fish has come in and has been scored... Yes it was a southern cat, sorry to say.... But team north still holds the overall lead in the contest, even though team south per fish average is better... Lots of movement this week with lots of nice fish showing up... Nice work everyone... If you don't know if your on the board yet check the post that I have the updated team members listed on... We have almost 50 contestants so far... Good luck... J
[signature]
Wow yesterday was a crazy busy day with lots of changes, so I'm running a new update already... Note it's getting to be an interesting race with lots of changes... IceSled had the lead until TNA put in a late night entry and put the north back on top... Anyway my scores have not been verified, so they are in red until, I get Yote or someone else to verify those scores for me... Anyway nice job guys, this is a lot of early action... Later J
[signature]
Couple updates with new fish on the board... Note, to get an even comparison between team north and south look at the top 6 average so we are comparing on an even basis... Note Team north has a 1.0" average lead over team south... Nice job guys... Keep going when team south turns it on we will have a tough scrap to stay ahead... not that the moderator is showing favoritism to one side over the other.... I'm perfectly impartial like the broadcast news... Anyway we have a good group of guys catching lots of big fish, it's making this year look like a really good contest... I expect we'll break the 92 point barrier this year... Impressive fishing, keep it up... J
[signature]
Sorry for two updates in a day, but had some late entries and so I updated it and added a new graph for a visual comparison of the scores... Later J
[signature]
Another fish for CV and a switching of the order into the top 5... See attached.. J
[signature]
Okay are you ready for another update? Lots of fish over the weekend... Looks like the north is still in the lead for all areas except the biggest fish... Good contest, we almost have a full ten fish for team south so we can get rid of the average per 8 fish number from the chart very soon... Don't know where you guys are finding all the big fish, I sure haven't been able to get any big ones yet... We have over half the number of folks entering fish in the contest already that we did in the total contest last year... that is a great number to me, telling us we have some interest in the contest, keep it up, the next two months will be chaotic with lots of lead changes and folks bouncing all over the chart, so stay tuned for the excitement of the contest... Later J
[signature]
I have yet to begin.[Wink]
[signature]
Time for an update, we now have ten fish on the board from the south and so we have a full contest underway... Better yet the posse' is on the board and under way... Time for the north to watch out, BLk and crew are catching them by the boat load... Good luck everyone... Later J

[inline catcon41316.JPG]
[signature]
Well I don't know how you guys did it, but we have some more big cats show up over the windy weekend... Good job, you got cats, I got the skunk... This pulled the south a little closer in the team scores... Amazing how a couple fish make so much difference at this point in the contest.. FishMcFish, nice to see you joining the scores... TNA also increased his lead... almost 80 points... From there on it gets tough to increase, best of luck....

[inline catcon41816.JPG]
[signature]
Okay sorry, this update is only so I can see my score as close to the top as it will probably be all year... So sorry, self serving score update today... BTW, I expect a lot of changes this week, the warm has the cats on the move and feed bags are on... So this week will show lots of score movement if I know my cats...

[inline catcon42016b.JPG]
[signature]
Well that didn't last long... Team south takes the lead on highest individual score, not team score, north still has an inch average lead there... MSM who had been sleeping in the back with the biggest fish of the contest, just made his move into first place... BTW Yote if you're out there, I need you to look at his last fish, I may have robbed him a half inch, so I need a second opinion on that one...

[inline catcon42016c.JPG]
[signature]
Little update, DJ made his move to three fish with a nice fat cat.

I was really expecting more fish to come in yesterday with the great weather this week... I need to get back out, this work is killing me this week... Maybe tonight... Get out if you can, it's on... Later J

[inline catcon42116a.JPG]
[signature]
Little change here for Ahi making the move to 3 fish on the board... Not a lot of change this weekend... Must have been too windy and the front slowed the bite... I did add a carp to the bait supply, fun fight... but not cats for me... Later J

[inline catcon42516.JPG]
[signature]
[#00bf00]Update time, had some movement over the weekend...[/#00bf00]
[#ff0000]New leader on the carp board with a 30"er... congrats Halfast.... [#0000ff]Lava jumped into 3rd place with a nice Cutler cat... way to go Derek.... [#ff8000]Team north held onto about a 1" per fish lead... not what it was, but lots of room to change.. Last year team south won with about 3" per fish better than the current team north score...[#bf00bf]Anyway the weather is supposed to be good this week, let's see some new numbers... Good luck all... J[inline Catcon5116.JPG][/#bf00bf][/#ff8000][/#0000ff][/#ff0000]
[signature]
[#ff0000]Big Fish Alert!!!! Ahi1953 nailed a nice one... [#0000ff]Not a 30"er, but a very nice fish... Ran a new updated to show the bump in scores... Later J[inline catcon5416.JPG][/#0000ff][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Will post up the update soon, storm knocked out my computer connection, but spoiler alert the south is on the move. More 30" fish too. Update soon. J
[signature]
[#bf0000]The South is rising again.... MSM and BLK each made their marks on the chart... [#a040ff]First BLK moved into the top 5 with his third fish entered, time to start watching out for the Sherriff... [#00ff00]Next MSM doubled down with his second 30" ugly fatheaded cat... Not sure we should count a fish that ugly at least for team south.... [#0000ff]All in all MSM now has a score that would put him in the top 3 places for the last three seasons and it's only early May... [#ffa040]Well enough of my BS, here is the updated chart... Later J[/#ffa040][/#0000ff][/#00ff00][/#a040ff][/#bf0000]
[#ffa040]
[/#ffa040]
[#ffa040][inline catcon5616.JPG][/#ffa040]
[signature]