Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Contest 2016 DjHill16
26 1/4"
3/26
Cutler Reservoir

[#00bf00]This is a tough call, we really need to get everyone to get the tape at the end of the fish and right under it... To me it looks like you are 1/4 to 1/2" of tape beyond the tail and the nose only goes 1/4" beyond 26" so I should drop this to 25.5" but it is so close to 26"... I keep going back and forth on this fish it's so close. Knowing that in the end it won't be in the final tally I'll give you 26 points but in the future I will likely drop one like this down if I can't tell for sure... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Hey a couple comments, first on your placard I need you to write your user name on it so we know who to give credit for. Also the end of the tape isn't at the end of the fish so I've got to adjust for that and we only score to the half inch anyway. I'll check it on the computer, but I'm thinking 26" at best. But that's a nice fish and puts you in the lead so far. Way to go. Later J
[signature]
Yeah sorry about the placard I left the original one at work and had to pull it up on the ipad. I will get the real one from here on out. Thanks hopefully they keep getting bigger from here on out!
[signature]
Sounds good and good luck. J
[signature]
4/8/16
Channel Cat
11 1/2"

[#00bf00]Ya know the purpose of a bump board is to put the head against the wall and measure the length minus the math part... I will give you 11.5 points only because the two scales make it possible for me to line up the end of the fish so it shows full length, my regular method of scoring this fish would have been 11, but your measurement device is working as you hoped.... 11.5 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
4/16/16
Cutler Res.
25" Channel cat
Accidentally cut off the top of my card as well..

[#00ff00]Nice bump board, hey this one is really close, but I think the curve in the fish would make up the 1/16" it may be short so I'm calling it 25 points unless someone wants to challenge that call. Nice fish, I'll bet it was fun to catch... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
Thank you it put up a pretty good fight and almost took my rod into the water when it ran! The board is working out great it cleans up nice and shouldn't rust with the materials I used.
[signature]
Are they metal rulers on the side, that is premium grade material there. Where did you find those rulers, I ought to get one for my toon if I can afford it.

Love those cats when they pull so hard you nearly lose your poles. I fish two poles and because the cats run so much, I space my poles a ways apart and I've lost two poles so far. One I was able to snag my bobber with the fish still on. Got the pole and the fish back. The other one broke the line so I went wading and luckily stepped on the pole and found it. When I keep my poles too close together I get the two lines tangled and end up stripping a bunch of line off to get back to fishing. Guess that's why they call it bank tangling. Later J
[signature]
yeah they are aluminum rulers I got them from ace for like maybe five bucks. the board its self I had some guys at my work make it for me in the shop out of some scrap material. luckily ive gotten in the habit of angling my rod holders so my poles stand at about a 60 degree angle but ill only space them out about 15 or so yards. I use these little glow sticks that attach to the end of your rod and its pretty cool to watch them in the dark when that's the only thing you can see and you start getting a bite and then they just dive for the water.
[signature]
I'm going to have to find some of those rulers for the deck on my toon. On that night fishing I went to bobbers so I get a few seconds warning before my pole takes off thanks for the info. Later J
[signature]
Your welcome. I was able to pick up those rulers from the ace here in brigham.
[url "http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1285788&cp=2568443.2568450.2628078.2629242.2629262"]http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1285788&cp=2568443.2568450.2628078.2629242.2629262[/url]
[signature]
Hey thanks for the link. J
[signature]
6/7/16
21"
Caught out at cutler

[#80ff00]Good for 21 points... J[/#80ff00]
[signature]
6/8/16
Cutler Res.
22" Channel

[#00ff00]Nice bump bump to 22 points... good job... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
7/8/16
Cutler Res.
Channel Cat
Wind took my card as I snapped the picture but got it at 25.5"

[#00ff00]I love that bump board and I know you just built it this year, so I'll let the card go this time... Good for 25.5 points[/#00ff00]
[signature]
7/13/16
Cutler Res.
28.5" channel cat
Left my card sitting in the back seat of my buddys truck from the last fishing trip.

[#00ff00]Okay you didn't get my warning of needing the card in the photo, so since I didn't get you a warning in time I will count this one for 28.5 points, again we know this is a new board this year and not a fish from a previous year, so you're good, but so we don't get complaints get your card in the next photo... Even a BFT sticker with a 2016 date on it will be acceptable if you can't get a label in the photo... Nice fish.... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]