Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Catfish Contest LAVAMAN
4/3/16
Cool 25"
Cutler

[#00bf00]Nice catch Derek, good for 25 points and 5th place when scored, but I did see two other bigger fish coming in this scoring session... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Good thing Jeff is scoring, I might have given ya 24 1/2
[:p]

Nice you're getting out, at least someone is still fishing around here. How'd the carp treat ya?
Hey John,
Want to verify my scores... while you're on line... Thanks J
[signature]
Only 1/2"?? Heck with you it would be more like docking me a full 2"! Ya I've gotten lucky to get out a couple times this spring, but as far as the carp go I just wouldn't know. Totals so far this spring are 3 Channels and over a half dozen mudders. Heck I'd rather catch a carp than a mudder.
[signature]
Hey Derek, for some reason the switch got flipped the other day and the carp are on the bite now... Only problem is I can't catch the channels anymore... May have to change bait from worms to cutbait... Minnows haven't been working for me baitfishing, I may have to drag them around AKA TD or BLK methods... Anyway, wish I didn't have taxes to get done, would love to sneak out tonight... Oh well hopefully when taxes are in and the weather returns to warm, I'll get some fishing in again... Later J
[signature]
4/10/16
Fightin 24"
Cutler

[#00bf00]That one's really close, I'm going to give this to you, but I see about 1/16" under but 24 points... [/#00bf00]
[signature]
4/10/16
Bobbin' 23"
Cutler

[#80bf00]Got to do a Yote score on you here, can only see 22.75" which rounds down to 22.5 points... Nice filling of the brackets... Later J[/#80bf00]
[signature]
Thanks Jeff, no worries...it's hard to get a good camera angle sometimes and that's just part of it, it's all good.

Appreciate you putting in the time to do all this.
[signature]
Thanks Derek, figure you'll replace that one soon enough anyway. Thanks J
[signature]
Sweet! Keep at it.

BTW, I tried to PM you, but it isn't sending as far as I can tell and I get redirected to another website. Have you got any responses to you PM from me today?

Mike
[signature]
Hey Mike! Yes i received 3 messages today and replied back. Gotta love when it's messed up like that.
May sounds good let's plan it!
[signature]
Mike,
Did I see you and Derek might hook up for a fishing trip this weekend? If so and you don't mind a tag a long let me know when... I think it's too windy for Willard so I guess I'll try cats over the weekend... Finally got a chance to try the fish now my taxes are done and the weather goes to pot... Oh well, do what we can.. Later J
[signature]
Hey Jeff! We were originally planning a trip this weekend but things fell through. Depending on the weather I 'may' try this Saturday evening...I'll shoot you a text if I end up going.

Otherwise, me and Mike are hitting it up in May when it warms a bit and our schedules settle down.

I just know there's a 30" kitty with my name on it. Wasn't it just 3 years ago or so that the state C&R record was caught out of Cutler? I believe it was 36" right?
[signature]
Sounds good on the fishing and you are correct on the C&R record. The part I like with that story was the R. She's still out there, maybe pushing 40" by now. What a monster of a fish. Did I tell you a friend of mine got one he estimated at 32-35". I seen a picture and it made my 28 look small. So I'm pretty sure it was over 30". Anyway I'm thinking this will be my year to finally break 30" I hope. We'll have to get that night gig together one night and see if we can put the north on top this year. Be a fun night anyway. Later J
[signature]
04/30/16
Cutler
line peelin' 27 1/2" (but you make the call.. It's hard to see. I'll post multiple pics)

[#00bf00]Nice job Derek, good for 27.5 points... wish I could have got out.. Was this from the spot you and I discussed? Nice fish there this year... good job...[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Way to go Derek! And just think, this is only pre-season and the best is yet to come!

Mike
[signature]
Still waiting for that elusive 30"er Mike!
[signature]
Nice fish D!
[signature]
Thanks TNA!
You been out lately? Weather hasn't really been cooperating with us lately.
[signature]
Way to go Derek!! I feel a 30 incher in the wind.
[signature]