Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Catfish Contest Boatloadakids
Caught today, 4-6-16 at Ut. Lake. Good bite this a.m. I caught a bunch of cats with eight of them being between 23 and 24 inches. This 24 incher will at least get me on the board.

[#00bf00]24 Points it is, since you just had the bump board approved we know it is from this year so we can let this one slide without the label in the photo, since we all know it will be replaced anyway... But if it was the 36"er you might want to have the label so we don't have to disqualify it... [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Lynn just a reminder to put your label in the picture and it looks like you should have built your bump board a little wider. That 36"er isn't going to fit. Nice report and I'll get your score updated when I get on my computer. Later J
[signature]
nice one, glad to see found them, when we meet up I know of a hole I was going to send you to, I made it out last night no cats just one eye, mist 2 other good hits, going tonight if my mind don't get changed for me.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
MSM-- Pretty sure I just missed ya today just before the LB turn off. Looked like a white Dodge and a purty white trailer... next time. I want to hear about that cat hole you have found.

Jeff-- I completely forgot my BFT logo on that entry. Won't happen again and I expect to bump that 24 incher soon anyway.

The cats are really coming on at UL. One more good weather day and then it looks like a week or so of storms. No complaints... still plenty of time and we need the water.

The best is yet to come.

BLK
[signature]
As soon as I posted that last score update I seen this update so I figured I missed more fish, but luckily I didn't... Anyway I hope things keep picking up, it's still a little sluggish for me... Not like May when you can catch cats every night, now it's on and off for me... I'm hoping to find time and try my boat for a night run tonight to see how she does... shake down cruise with the new lights and such... Still don't know if I dare do that night navigating on that shallow pond, sounds like a formula for trouble, but maybe GPS can keep me off the sand bars... now if the monsters just leave me alone... Later J
[signature]
Forgot the logo again[mad] I have it in the boat but just flat out forgot to get it out. Anyway, got this 26 incher today at Lincoln. I choose NOT to enter this one... show-and-tell only. I'll catch a bigger one tomorrow.[Wink]

BLK

Edit: Then I forgot to upload the pic.... maybe I better take a few days off??? Naaa.... I'll get my act together eventually,
[signature]
Seen the picture, no problem on entering it if you want... We know your bump board is new and so you're not recycling fish from last year... Plus we know it won't stay long on your scoreboard... Let me know and post the photo, I'll score it... Glad you're getting your rhythm underway... Won't be long till you're headed to the top... Nice fish... Later J
[signature]
I forgot my logo once last year, So I took a gallon size zip lock bag and taped it to my board. Now I can't get the board out to use it and not have the logo flopping around where I will be reminded[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks Jeff but I already got a pass on my first entry so I'll just make this one a show-and-tell entry. 36 incher up next.

Pisco-- Good idea. I'll tie/tape mine either to my board or my leg so I remember to include it with the pic. I can claim old age for an excuse...then again, it could have something to do with my dull normal IQ. Whatever.
[signature]
I kind of already updated the score board adding it to your tally.... But I'll put a flag on it so it doesn't count towards a final score if you want... Sorry got ahead of myself... J
[signature]
No problem. I'll just bump it off... soon I hope.[Wink]
[signature]
I'm pretty sure of that. So no big deal. Later J
[signature]
Today, May 4th, at Lincoln. Lots of cats but best one was 26 1/2. Water temp hit 62 degrees today. The big ones will be out soon.

[#00bf00]Nice job BLK good for 26.5 points and a step towards the top.... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
[#0000FF]I appreciate you not "sore-lipping" all the big fish before I can come down to play with them.

Got a boat trip planned with Pisco up at Willard this next week then I will probably point my tube south.

I have been getting some telepathic messages at night from some big walleyes. They want me to give them some exercise. Hey...I'm a nice guy so how can I refuse?

Any positive changes in the water level yet?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Aaaa man, nice day today at Lincoln. Got there about 5:45 and watched daylight creep over the mountains. Nice sliver of moon perched on top of Mt. Loafer and the silence broken only by the profanity spewing forth from the Canadian geese. Doesn't get any better.

Water is slowly creeping up the launch ramp. No trouble launching my boat. Mr. Mink is there every day and he is oblivious to the ugly dude floating by in the big boat. Yesterday he was lugging a big channel cat that was twice as long as he was toward his residence under a slab of discarded cement on the north arm. Today he was dragging a catfish head homeward. Also saw a couple of muskrats in the channel... probably Mr. Mink's emergency food supply.

I moved in close to the shore in front of the orchards --probably about two feet deep -- to see if I could pick up a couple of wb... I did. I was throwing a RCK jig for the wb when I hooked into something terrible... a big two foot channel. I was using my light pole and reel and man did we have a ruckus. I was drag-ready for him but not ready for his defensive moves in that shallow water. He was under the boat, around the electric, and a rap or two around the prop. I won. Fun and I did not lose my RCK.

Water temp has gone up a couple of degrees every day this week so when you get back down this way those mid-60's water temp will be upon us. Good timing. Good luck at Willard with Pisco.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sounds fun to me.

There have been days when I caught my biggest cats (and walleyes) on those RCKs. Some fish just don't read the directions very good.

Sounds like Mr. Mink is living the life of plenty. Someday someone will set a trap for him and he will end up in a coat. They are always enjoyable to watch...from a distance. They can be nasty little buggers.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Pics, brotha! Smile
[signature]
Nice job Lynn, I seen lots of cat sign in my spot last night, but we had the young men shooting skeet so I didn't dare cast in for fear of being hit. So I stayed behind the firing line and never wetted a line. Maybe tonight if I can get a quick hair cut and still have time after work. I love it when it warms and you can see those big boys in the shallows. Boys were asking how I could tell the cats from carp and I couldn't explain it, but they move different and the waves are different enough that you get to know when the cats are there. That always is a good thing because you know you'll catch some cats.

Anyway, glad you got a nice one, this will put you up towards the top end on scores again, we appreciate you taking it easy on us so far. But I expect you'll be topping the chart fairly soon. Later J
[signature]
Lots of action today at Lincoln. Caught this 25 1/2 incher that should give me a little bump. Caught 5-25-2016.

Water temp hit 63 degrees today. The cats are coming alive... carp too.

BLK

Forgot the damn logo again so I deleted the picture. Trust me, it was a nice fish but I'll ketch a bigger one tomorrow.
[signature]
Figured I'd be hearing from you after a nicer day yesterday, and I'm sure things will pick up today. Good luck. J
[signature]