Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels, 24 Mile, Hawkins
How is the fly fishing on these gems?
[signature]
Don't you find it interesting that there have been over 370 views of your post and yet no replies.[crazy]

I'm sure most of those 370+ viewers would like to get some information on those waters too but the anglers who are fishing them do not want to share their knowledge. I was chastised for even mentioning once that the water level at Daniels was okay to launch a boat
I hope you were able to get out and fish them for yourself but don't tell anyone.[Wink]
[signature]
Very true ,you won't get any information on this forum at least for Daniels that I have seen. Seems every spring the questions are asked, but not answered.
[signature]
Daniels- water is clear - still a bit early - water temp needs to come up 4 or5 degrees- there are fish to be caught though- most are not large fish but the fish fight well. This weekend should still keep things right where they are but after the storms go thru and it heats up just a bit it should be Daniels as Daniels is. So pretty much the same as every year that I have been fishing it which goes back quite a few.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, but after 10 days ,and nearly 500 views ,I still agree with Gofish435 its usually a pretty tight lipped conversation when it comes to Daniels. Maybe rightfully so its a small body of water.
[signature]
Thanks for everyone's input. In the end I guess I'll just have to go and find out for myself. Cheers!
[signature]
The thing is that these are all kind of out of the way lakes. Sometimes just none of us have been to them for awhile. I passed by Hawkins yesterday, and there were two boats out, but no idea if any fish were cooperating. Just nice to see the reservoirs filling this spring. Hopefully the water will last for awhile!
[signature]
Little info because small water that can not handle the pressure a public form like this puts on them with thousands of people seeing these.
[signature]
I know a little sumpthin......[sly] but I aint talkin, and ya aint gunna make me
[:p]
[signature]
I could be wrong, but I suspect that people don't talk about these lakes much because our Utah brothers watch this forum pretty closely and small lakes like those can get beat to pieces very quickly with a good report. Part of it might also be because those lakes don't fish well anyway.......[Wink]

Also, the reasons previously mentioned.......
[signature]
I guess it is just me, but I don't consider Southeast Idaho's stillwaters to be all that secret, or all that good currently. Maybe 5, 10 or 20 years ago. But the current state of southeast Idaho lakes is in bad shape. Daniels is ok if you like lots of fish that are 12" or 16". Hawkins had bass illegally put in it and it will be poisoned this fall. Treasureton will be poisoned at roughly the same timeframe as Hawkins because of the continued bass problem. Deep creek is off limits to anything that floats. Chesterfield is on life support because of the drought and it barely makes it through the late summer. So there you have it. Take it for what it is worth. But I do get a chuckle when people get all secretive about the above waters. Have at it. I am glad most of northern Utah goes to those lakes. That leaves the other lakes in Utah under utilized.
[signature]
Thanks for the great information on the condition of southeast Idaho's stillwaters.[frown]

Sorry to hear that Hawkins was hit by another brilliant bucket biologist.

I think most of the folks from Utah just go up there to buy their lottery tickets anyway.[Wink]
[signature]
Not sure where you got.your information on poisoning hawkins but it is false they will not poison some where they have a thriving population of native cutthroat, and as for treasurton goes they have been saying for years but have been using it to repopulate a near by reservoir the canal company killed off. And on that same note prety much every reservoir in Franklin county is off limits to boats now with exception of 2 bodys. Your right they are not secrets but you must understand how much traffic this website gets its one where you let those who want to know find out for them selves the way every one else has for years. Most of the places fish terrible these days because of these type of websites with these type of posts.
[signature]
Jeremy, my information came directly from the Fisheries Biologist David Teuscher. Hawkins and Treasureton will be poisoned in September. Call the Pocatello Office and find out for yourself.
[signature]
I fish those lakes often 24 is my favorite one to fish I am from Utah
[signature]
I heard rummors of treasureton getting poison. It would be nice if Fish and Game would allow bait and barbed hooks for this spring and summer before it's treatment. I hope the least they would do is capture as many trout as possible and stock them in a nearby pond. I saw some biggins in there this spring. Didn't catch any of course.
[signature]
Make sense dave would say that. There is a reason he is on the the most unlike biologist by not only the people but a majority of the other F&G. When he is presented with a real problem he shrugs them off when some where like treasurton has bass he acts like it's the end of the world. The trout in the reservoir have been doing better than ever since the bass have came in.
[signature]
Well, it looks like another thread that never ends. Round and round we go but never get anywhere. I have been a member of BFT for awhile under other names and always end offending someone cause I can't walk around what everyone wants to say. Yes, you don't get info a lot of the time. I don't think it should be expected either. I can honestly tell you that I have never given a fishing report on a public forum. That's like ringing a dinner Bell for every lazy fisherman that would starve unless we put the food on the fork for them. Now if people these days cared about being better fishermen and not just catching fish in every "Hot Spot" it would be different. They just want the quick and easy on the backs of those that put the effort in. That doesn't mean asking is wrong and not answering is selfish it just just goes a long way to use caution when posting. We are all here to talk about fishing so there is purpose.
[signature]
[quote Louflies]Well, it looks like another thread that never ends. Round and round we go but never get anywhere. I have been a member of BFT for awhile under other names and always end offending someone cause I can't walk around what everyone wants to say. Yes, you don't get info a lot of the time. I don't think it should be expected either. I can honestly tell you that I have never given a fishing report on a public forum. That's like ringing a dinner Bell for every lazy fisherman that would starve unless we put the food on the fork for them. Now if people these days cared about being better fishermen and not just catching fish in every "Hot Spot" it would be different. They just want the quick and easy on the backs of those that put the effort in. That doesn't mean asking is wrong and not answering is selfish it just just goes a long way to use caution when posting. We are all here to talk about fishing so there is purpose.[/quote]

You know, for a person who hates pointless discussions, you do a fantastic job at contributing.

I personally find this thread to be informative. Even your comment reveals some truths on the attitudes of some fishermen in our culture. Who knows, maybe one day you could become more of a philanthropist, and be generous with fishing information to those who are otherwise less skilled than you.
[signature]