Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 04/17
Hit Lost Creek yesterday. Terribly windy and cold [:/], so it was a quick 2 hour trip. Put about 15 Cutt & Bows in the boat. We pulled crank baits mostly, flicker shad, and similar baits. Silvers and blues produced well for us at 1.8 - 2.2 mph. I guess we were getting down to around 5-10' deep. Marked a lot of fish down around 40' and we jigged those with tubes which worked as well. Some of the Cutts were fairly decent size, 18-19" but not huge.

The river arm is very off colored from the run off. Lake is still pretty low but it looks like it is coming up. Water temps in the low 40's.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you guys did real well for a two hour trip.

It looks like the runoff has started going up there. The level is coming up a foot every other day. It might take a while for the water to clear up but it is nice to see level coming up.
[signature]
Were you also "seeing" those you caught at the 5 to 10' depth on your finder? or just assuming some would be higher up because of the time of year? I like to troll it also, but haven't yet this year because of late ice fishing at Strawberry...but I'd like to get out there sometime after this weekend...Sounds like you don't have downriggers to go after those at the 35 to 40' depth...have you tried that at all? Glad you made it out...I know the wind can be nasty there in a boat...Guluk...
[signature]
I do have a down rigger however the wind was so bad that I did not want to mess with it. As for seeing the fish up shallow, I just know they are there. I don't necessary see that many on the finder because at 5-10' the cone width is so small. But yes we did see a few shallow on the finder. I think if we would have used the down rigger it would have been effective. The fish we were seeing at that depth were active because we were able to vertical jig them. I will get back up there in couple of weeks and give it a go again. There is just so many place I want to hit now. I have a very hard time pulling myself away from Willard Bay and I believe I am going to go up to the Gorge this Friday.
[signature]
So many women..errr, lakes, so little time.....2 of my buddies were at Lost Creek yesterday just fishing off shore by the boat ramp, and said they caught lots of rainbow, so they had a good day...I'm waiting 'til I can get my boat or canoe up there, both rigged for trolling...I guess that's why I needed to know, so I could maybe use my canoe the first time or two, which doesn't have downriggers, but I could be in that upper water column...maybe I'll see you out there sometime, or W.B. (hope this Fri.) or the Gorge, or E.Canyon, or Rockport, or Mantua, or Echo, or Strawberry, or Pass Lake, or Trial Lake, or Pyramid Lake, or Pineview, or Woodruff,.....yup, I've got it bad too....tks, and Guluk...
[signature]