Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard on fire
Saturday morning I was sitting at home drinking coffee feeling all bummed out about the high wind warnings that were blowing up my phone when I receive a picture from my brother (Fat Biker) of a nice wiper he had just caught. One phone call and five minutes later my son (CM Fishing) and I were headed to the south marina to meet and jump aboard the boat.
Started trolling about 10 AM using fire tiger rattle traps. Immediately we hooked a wiper, then another and another. Throw in about 10 large crappie as well as the estimated 40+ wipers that come to the boat and we had a great day. We pulled the boat out at 6PM, just as the first strong gust out of the east hit. You don't have many days like that on the bay, but when you do, you remember them... Pictures are of a few of the wiper and crappie that we took home.
[signature]
Nice slabs there and great report, glad you got in a good one Tom... Way to beat the breeze.... I sure wanted to get out this weekend, but had too many other things that had to be done... Well might help talk me into burning a day of vacation... Later J
[signature]
Sounds like an awesome day! I was out there on Friday for a couple hours and it started to turn on real good but of course, I had do be at the kids baseball practice so I left em biting! Caught 9 in 45 minutes...could have turned out to be an epic day like yours! Good goin!
[signature]
Those really are some slab Crappie
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Epic! Good job Tom!
[signature]