Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Boy smacked his 1st turkey!!!
We sure had a fun hunt this evening. We set up on some birds in a field and couldn't get them to budge in our direction. So we looped around them and tried again. Called 2 jakes in to 20 yards directly behind us with absolutely no shot. Then after 20 minutes of them gobbling but refusing to give us a shot they lost interest and faded off to the south. We then had 3 hens feed right up and we hoped they had a tom with them. But it wasn't meant to be either. They followed the jakes south and our hopes were starting to fade with the sunlight. Til another tom sounded off from the north and made a bee-line across 2 ridges and stopped at 49 and a half yards. Dalton thumped him and down he went! Not to shabby for a 10 year old with his 20 gauge!!! He is a 2 year old tom with a 6 inch beard, 3/4 inch spurs and was banded by the Utah DWR when they transplanted him here. We forgot our camera while we were hunting so we took pictures in the shop after we got home tonight. It was fun!!!! Hunting with your kids is as good as it gets! That was the 19th tom I have had the pleasure to call up and have myself or someone else shoot. It sure ranks at the top to have Dalton take this bird!!!
[signature]
Congratulations to you and your son.[Smile]
[signature]
That's awesome! Strong work young man.
[signature]
A banded Turkey! Fantastic! That's a story he won't forget, the kind of stuff that makes hunting a life long tradition.
[signature]