Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
This weekend we have a fathers and sons camp out up near east canyon. I was thinking we would head up there Saturday morning and try our luck. We were up there 2 weeks ago and did not do very well. We are going to have my neighbor and his special needs son with us and I would really like to show him a good time. Does any one have any suggestions or advice for fishing up there this time of year? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
[signature]
Also, does anyone know if the craw fish up there are worth going after? i think my neighbors son would get a kick out of those
[signature]
all the smallmouth up there have dads in their guts. try a watermelon firetiger senko on a number 1 octopus hook. no weight, the senko is heavy enough. let it sink to the bottom off the rocks and work it slowly. up around the dam and westside is the best.
[signature]
Senkos have been our go to up there. Watermelon Ghost and Watermelon Red Flake have been the key. Most fish have been caught with 15 feet of shore. Good luck.
[signature]
If you're targeting trout. We did really well a few weeks ago with Garlic Rainbow Powerbait. Egg Sinker/Swivel/18-24 inches of leader Treble hook. Caught a few on a worm mallow rig. A gold Jakes or Thomas Buoyant will always produce too. Good luck!
[signature]
I don't have any suggestions, but I know wipers should be catcable size by now.

Is anybody catching wipers up there yet?
[signature]