Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question on a float tube motor mount
A few years ago a fellow board member sold me a float power float tube mount for a motor (see attachment) so he told me how to use it however I have completely forgot what he said. I will be buying a motor but am not sure how to properly mount it on the rig provided. Could anyone give this newbie advice on what may be a dumb question? I looked up how to put it together but Google didn't help much.
[signature]
[quote happybob91]A few years ago a fellow board member sold me a float power float tube mount for a motor (see attachment) so he told me how to use it however I have completely forgot what he said. I will be buying a motor but am not sure how to properly mount it on the rig provided. Could anyone give this newbie advice on what may be a dumb question? I looked up how to put it together but Google didn't help much.[/quote]

The transom mount motor prop head goes into where the open space is visible and clamps to the wooden mount that is visible in the picture. The battery goes in the pocket visible on the other side of the space. This pictured floating tube unit then attaches to the SEPARATE tube or toon where the rider sits with some kind of attachments or straps. There should be control wires or a remote that goes to where the rider is sitting in the separate tube or toon for on- off control. That's the general idea, I never did see or use one myself, just remember the online pictures.

Hope this helps.

PM
[signature]
I had one of these back in the 80's on my donut.
You will need to turn the head 180 on your motor so the the handle and the propeller are facing the same direction.
You will need to strap it tight to the sides of your tube.
You have to put the motor in first then the battery box.
It has to pull you. Steer with your fins.
[Image: float%20power_zps1lbq6nsc.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks all I appreciate it!
[signature]
You won't be able to tilt the motor. The down side is you have to be in deep enough water that the motor can run without hitting the bottom of the tube before you can climb in and go. It will be hard to reach the up and down lever of motor.
[signature]
So it might be a pain to get in it sounds like...plus if I'm wearing flippers even more difficult. What was the sequence you used to get in?
[signature]
It was a nightmare at times. I would push the donut and the power float out into water deep enough to not be bouncing prop. I would then climb in tube (usually 10" to a foot of water) I would then put my fins on.
I did this for one season, the second season I bought a U tube. Much better then a Super Fat Cat.
[Image: Bass2450.jpg]
[signature]
Luckily I have a U-boat so that won't be a challenge
[signature]