Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attaching registration numbers
What are done ideas of how to attach registration numbers? Ive tried plexiglass but it cracked to easily. Would plastic corrugated cardboard work or would it not survive the water?

Mark
[signature]
[quote MBM1969]What are done ideas of how to attach registration numbers? Ive tried plexiglass but it cracked to easily. Would plastic corrugated cardboard work or would it not survive the water?

Mark[/quote]

The corrugated has worked well for me. No issues with water, and it has held up well to sunlight UV over the 3 year registration periods. Corrugated is lightweight and flexible compared to most of the alternatives. I fold it in the middle along the grain for storage/transport and attach to the fabric with bungee cords under tension to keep it properly deployed for visibility.

PM
[signature]
[#0000FF]I just rigged up my new Escape with a couple of pieces of scrap 1/4" clear lexan. Had to use some care with drilling the holes but it is tough otherwise.

There are lots of different sheet plastics, if you can find some that will work. But that white corrugated plastic board used for signs also works. And if you can find some white PVC baseboard at Lowes it will work too. Heavier, but workable.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Vinyl siding. Flexible and tough.
[signature]
Corrugated plastic works well. It has been serving me for years.

[Image: 14040004_1422597724421836_10129308362951...hrwjpr.jpg]

[Image: 7-17-10-07A_zpsf97e51b9.jpg]
[signature]