Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake duck hunting.
Guys! Throwing out this warning for anyone that is going to try to hunt the lake this year. Be prepared for the lowest water conditions I have seen ever.

I got my rig ready and headed to Lindon marine for a quick test run and when i got there I could see it was lower then i had ever seen it. I launched the boat and noticed the algae bloom is in full force again, It look like radiator fluid but wanted a quick run on the boat so I was careful not to touch the water at all.

I took of at idle to get out of the marina and was feeling the bottom on the motor and the bottom of the boat and it got shallower half way across the marina and I had to gun the motor to keep moving, I slid across the mud until I hit the channel leading out of the marina and when I got to the lake it was 6 inches deep and greener than inside the marina. I ran for about hundred yards and turned around and came back in.

Please take my warning serious as search and rescue always gets called out on mud lake every opener. Well the whole lake is just as bad right now and these people don't need to be working overtime when people get stuck by trying to run water that is way to shallow. Also keep your dogs well clear of the lake if you don't want to lose them to the toxic pit the lake has turned into. We are going to lose all the fish in the lake. I have never seen it this bad in all my years.

FNF[cool]
[signature]
Geez, that sounds pretty bad! Sure am glad utah lake isn't one of my go-to spots!
[signature]
I wish I lived in your neck of the woods you have so many options up there. The hunting is so good to the north of you but is 2 hr drive for me.

Hope you and the wife have a great season, hopefully we can get a hunt together this year. I have had to work so hard the past two years to try to get to the birds. I know you work hard also and that area looks even better for you this year. hopefully you stack them up.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
I'm actually moving up to West Haven next spring too Smile That puts me right in the middle of the whole GSL marshland! Pretty excited to start figuring out Ogden bay.

I found a new pond on public land last Saturday and kicked 200 mallards off it, can't wait for October! I still owe you a trip actually...
[signature]
[quote fish_or_die]I'm actually moving up to West Haven next spring too Smile That puts me right in the middle of the whole GSL marshland! Pretty excited to start figuring out Ogden bay.

I found a new pond on public land last Saturday and kicked 200 mallards off it, can't wait for October! I still owe you a trip actually...[/quote]

MAN! Go north buddy Ogden is nice for a quick trip but your 45 minutes away from some great hunting. Very envious.

OH!!! Well I'm going to have to come up and shoot that pond with you guys if you owe me. Wink HA HA

Lets get together for sure.

FNF[cool]
[signature]