Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean jr.-1 Ocean sr.-0 at Redmond today!
While myself,fish4fish,christy and pikeman were gathered around the fire talking about fishing my 4 year old son actually did some fishing! He came to me and said a fish bit his bait and i told him ok and i looked at his rod and saw no movement so i did not bother with it.While the four of us were shoooting the breeze my son started to reel his line in.I saw that every so often it jerked so i figured it was bouncing on the rocks. Then as he brought in his first pike it hit me that is a fish! He had it on shore by the time i got to him to help him but he needed no help! The little turd out fished me ! He was very exited and cant wait for the fish lake get together on feb 21!
[signature]
Great catch for the wee one! Just out of curiosity, was he caught on bait or a lure?
[signature]
It was caught with a whole anchovie. I used a kingfish rig thats why my son was able to hook him.
[signature]
well we were not there to see it. im hoping to hit it in a few weeks now. wish i could have made it down. hope all had fun.
[signature]
Alll right glad he hooked one how long after we left did he get it. And as we saw a few times today if your not by your pole or watching you gett fish or at least a hit.

but good for your boy for knowing what to do even if dad thought he was just being a kid. (I did that a lot with our kids also)
[signature]
It was about 30 minutes later . It was unexpected! But he has been fishing since he was 1 1/2 years old so he knows how to reel fish in. He has had plenty of practice with the carp in yuba.
[signature]
im really sorry i missed that, when he had a bite before we left i was quite impressed by the way he handled that rod!

way to go ocean jr.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[Wink]

sm

ps good to meet you guys and everybody else today, ill post pics later
[signature]
[Wink]Right on pat that kid on the back. It sounds like you taught him well, way to look out for the future. [cool]
[signature]