Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge ice
Is there any safe ice on the Wyoming side that is fishable, Buckboard or Lost dog just what to get on the hard deck.
[signature]
Firehole had 6-8" Saturday, so I imagine the confluence has a layer of thin ice 2-4". Buckboard is probably still open water.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Did you get fishing done?
[signature]
Has anyone have information on the latest ice conditions in the Lost Dog/Confluence areas?
I did.

Firehole is slow, which normally happens because of the ease of access and the rush that comes from wanting to get out on the first ice.

There are areas that are better around Firehole, but they are going to be a walk.

People have been doing a lot better for mack pups than they are for Burbs at the moment. Rainbows are hit and miss, but some are getting limits.
[signature]
Thanks! I'm planning on going to Lost Dog on Thursday. I'll do a quick survey of the area and post a report on conditions.
Safe ice extends to about 1/4 mile south of the cliffs at the confluence. 6" thick at the middle of the channel near the edge of the ice. Ice is forming south of there but there is still a lot of open water.
I'm so excited to head up there this coming weekend for 3 days [Smile]
[signature]
Drove out to Buckboard the other day 01/10/17 Big Bend is Froze!!!
[inline "01.10.17 Gorge Ice.jpg"]
Took this picture from the point north of Buckboard Bay looking toward South Buckboard Point... Saw a few guys fishing out on the ice of big bend! Good luck!
[signature]