How to use the NEW Big Fish Tackle website
Hello and welcome to our new website! We’ve created this simple guide to help you navigate the new site and to help you be accustomed to some new exciting features.
I am an old time user, my login doesn’t work.
– If you use the site mostly for the forum go to the forum link directly and sign in with your existing login there. Your current forum login should still work but if doesn’t use the lost password link or click here.
I am new to the site where do I go first?
– The website is composed of two major parts:
The Home Feed (which is what you see with articles in the homepage) here you can post articles, news and relevant information about big fish tackle. This is a new component of the site which will allow you to collaborate and interact with existing and new users with features such as private messaging. Your existing login same as your forum login should work here if not use the lost password link or click here. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address you normally use. As a security measure when you login to the home feed the first time your account access needs to be verified by the site moderator.
The Forum is where users create and post forum boards. It works somewhat the same as the old forum site but with different features. Users from the old forum should be able to login using their existing credentials. You have problem logging in use the lost password feature or click here.
Important thing to remember is there are two logins in the new website; the login for the home feed and the login for the forum. When you login to the home feed you are not automatically logged in to the forum. You still need to go to the forum and login before you can participate in the discussions. If you are a new user you need to register on both logins. If you are an existing user, your existing login should work on both home feed and the forum. If you can login to the forum but you can’t login to the home feed use the lost password feature.
I am getting authorization code mismatch error. What should I do?
– Your browser still has your login information from the old bigfishtackle.com website. Clear your browser cache completely. Follow the steps below to clear your browser cache:
- While your browser is open press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. …
- Select the period “since installation”, to empty the whole browser cache.
- Check the Option “Images and Files in Cache“.
- Confirm your settings, by clicking the button “delete browser data”.
Refresh the page and try logging back in
if you reset your password and didn’t receive the reset password email, please contact us by clicking here.
We’ll reset your password for you. Please include your username and the email you used to login with your inquiry.