Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your average size Bluegill where you fish?
Around here in the Magic Valley area of Idaho they go around 6".
[signature]
About the same here. We have a lake in NE utah that holds some toads but they are a long drive. I usually get some 6 to 7" fish a little closer.[cool]
[signature]
Pelican Lake right, 7 hrs from here.
[signature]
Yep
[signature]
depends on which lake we have alot of lakes herein michigan some produce all little ones others have ahistory of big gills if you fish the better lakes 7-10 is normal mostly 7 to 8 with afew 9to 10s mixed in a days catch
[signature]
Here in west IL. we have a local canal where 6" is normal. There is a strip pit in the area where I get up to 10" but I can't tell where it is. When I go alone, I blindfold myself so I can't tell where it is. lol
I hear lots of reports of 1 pound bluegill, but they usually shrink a lot when I go along. lol
There are a few pictures of the size gills I and my grandsons get on good days in my gallery. Illinoisgiller
[signature]
this isnt meant at you..but i learned along time ago the guy who doesnt carry a tape mesurer ussualy catches bigger gills..a 10 inch gill is a pig as we call them and if you find them you dont tell noboby ..alot of people have never seen a blugill over ten..
[signature]
about 3 to 4" around here.

Jason
[signature]
At twin lakes, or Condie, Preston Idaho area I keep them if they are the size of my hand or larger. Twin lakes can have some really big ones at times.

Windriver
[signature]
i dont know why but certain lakes have and always will produce big gills other lakes they always small i drove 3 hours north two weekends ago for last ice on a certain lake..the only lake i know that produces true 8 by 10s...10 inches long 8 inches wide...only got 12 but it was worth it..
[signature]
[quote lurtch].the only lake i know that produces true 8 by 10s...10 inches long 8 inches wide....[/quote]
Holy crap! 8" wide???[shocked] Do they look like puffer fish???
[signature]
okay i get it..i meant tall...at least i gave you a reason to respond...[fishin]
[signature]
[:p]
[signature]
did you get any smelt out of higgins this winter?...[:/]
[signature]
?????[crazy]
[signature]
most of the public waters I fish are 7-9" and ponds are 8-11"+
[signature]
sounds to me like ill have to take an ice fishing trip to iowa..ive already been there a few times deer hunting and i love chasing gills..any sugestions
[signature]