Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo
The DWR just planted 10,000 trout in Echo. Might be fun catching for the younger crowd.
Thanks for the report. I needed a place to take my friend, who hasn't been fishing for a while, due to hand problems. He thinks that he has recovered enough to grip a rod if the handle diameter is increased. I will meet him there Thursday to see if they will give him a few tugs. I've never fished there before, so I will be going in blind. Anyone's suggestions on lures and colors for larger fish are welcomed. I assume just about anything will work for the planters. 
This will be the first time out for the Tracker this year. Batteries are charged, anchor and rope in boat, tackle boxes loaded. I hope that I remember to put the plug in. LOL
Good fishing to all.   Hue
The video that I watched them dumping the trout was on Facebook. They were parked at the launch ramp when they dumped the fish so I wouldn't venture too far from that area. But people have been catching some nice sized Rainbows while trolling,
(04-30-2024, 09:17 PM)lovetofish Wrote: The video that I watched them dumping the trout was on Facebook. They were parked at the launch ramp when they dumped the fish so I wouldn't venture too far from that area. But people have been catching some nice sized Rainbows while trolling,
Thanks for the reply.
Trolling farther from the crowd that will be near the ramp would be ok. Any suggestion on toward the dam or not?
(04-30-2024, 10:06 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 09:17 PM)lovetofish Wrote: The video that I watched them dumping the trout was on Facebook. They were parked at the launch ramp when they dumped the fish so I wouldn't venture too far from that area. But people have been catching some nice sized Rainbows while trolling,
Thanks for the reply.
Trolling farther from the crowd that will be near the ramp would be ok. Any suggestion on toward the dam or not?
My experience with echo and Rockport is that have I  found the largest concentration of fish on the west side along the highway where it starts coming up into the river where transitions happens fish 8-12’ down you will get into plenty of 14-18” rainbows.
(04-30-2024, 10:34 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 10:06 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
My experience with echo and Rockport is that have I  found the largest concentration of fish on the west side along the highway where it starts coming up into the river where transitions happens fish 8-12’ down you will get into plenty of 14-18” rainbows.

Great info. Thanks
Excellent Walleye food!!