Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shellcrackers, yum
I went out to lake sinclair georgia for the forth and got into a mess of shellcracker (redear sunfish). It was like getting into a school of crappie. I was using an eagle claw number 8 red hook and fishing the bottom with red wigglers. They hit almost as soon as the lure sunk. Biggest ones went about 13 inches and I got about 20 alltogether with the smallest being about 9-10 inches. Once I get a new cam I'll start sharing pics again, but me and jimflash are heading out there in the morning som maybe we'll get 40 this time [Wink]

Matt
[signature]
Way to go Matt. Git er done![cool]
[signature]
yum[Tongue]
[signature]
They seem tougher and tougher to find. But when you do get into a mess of them I think they put crappie to shame [Wink]
[signature]
They sure kick butt in the frying pan too.[cool]
[signature]
[cool] I am ready to do some bream fishing myself. I haven't been able to go cause the weather has been crap. Every day we have had rain and lightening and the wind blowing 100mph. Hopefully I will get to go this weekend.
[signature]
haha i love it when you toss the bait in and almost instantly you get 1. you got sunfish but when i did that i got wild brookies,brownies. andd bows up in the sierras off of red worms. that was fun. i caught my first fish up there on a fly it was awesom watching the brookie rise to my fly it came out from under a rock[cool]
[signature]
heres some pics
[signature]
[cool] That is some beautiful scenery, good looking kids, and a nice catch of fish. Can't beat that combination!!
[signature]
i want to go again that was so much fun[cool] maybe just me and my dad next time
[signature]