Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slip Indicators
Did a little video on how these thing work. You can purchase these through "THE FLY DESK"

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="[url "http://i44.photobucket.com/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http%3A%2F%2Fvid44.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff17%2FFlyGoddess%2F61715350.pbr&amp;hostname=stream44.photobucket.com"]http://i44.photobucket.com/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http%3A%2F%2Fvid44.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff17%2FFlyGoddess%2F61715350.pbr&amp;hostname=stream44.photobucket.com[/url]">
[signature]
Well done Joni.

Descriptions and diagrams are great, but not nearly as good as a demonstration.

Good video
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Yup a picture [especially a talkie] is worth a 1000 words. We can always count on the FGD to come up with a new twist on communicating ideas. Great job. BTW how did you ever get into that TV box? [Image: bobwink.gif] Also for the non-techies what program did you use to produce the video?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Well as I posted in a different topic, I am beginning to really like that Olympus Stylus 730, I got for Christmas.
It has a great video mode. I down loaded it to photo bucket. The TV frame is a feature of Photobucket adobe.
[signature]
you da bomb sis.. hehehe

great video.. as I have said so many times before.. I am primarily a visual learner.. and your video just helped me to see how that float works ...

when can we expect your next video post??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
now you are openning a can of worms.

Now I am waiting for videos on:
thingamabobs,
rigging tippet onto furled leaders with steel rings.
making the surgeons loop and controling the loop size.

oh and then there are a jillion other things.

Thanks for the video on slip bobbers ... ahhhhh..... I mean indicators.
[signature]
those all sound like good videos for FG presents videos to me.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]A question or two. The ad mentions the size of indicators available. Now does ¾" mean length, diameter or circumference? Also are you playing your line out as it would seem that one's line with the indicator attached would mess up the presentation.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I am pretty sure that means you plop it out there in front of you, strip of some line, back paddle your toon aways, drink a beer and study the indicator.

Sounds like another video to me.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]That was my thinking, although after reading my post sounded like a had several beers before hand. LOL[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks Scruffy, that is what I do with a 12' + leader as it is impossible to cast but I do use the smaller ones for rivers and just push the peg in tighter.
Dry Rod, the measurement is the length of the Styrofoam.
I bought some 1 1/2" for my next trip but usually use the 1". The bigger seem to darn near set the hook themself.
I use the little ones on the rivers.
[signature]
[cool][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]That makes sense about the measurement. I was waiting for you to say that you casted that sucker and I was going to catch the next plane up to UT and take a video of that myself. [Image: bobwink.gif] I can see how that would work quite nicely from a float tube. Just lay it out on the water and give the flippers a go. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[blue]Id be in the seat next to DR.. course we could try to do that one day just for the fun of it... what do you think sis??

MacFly [cool][/blue]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Isn't your bride headed the other way tomorrow? Well & yes you too?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]If I knew that you would still be around today I would have waited for you to ask those questions. I mean someone has got to keep the ball rolling. LOL [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]HAGV MC55[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
actually the size and shape thing did not occur to me.. but how to fish it did.. I am glad it got asked.. sis's answer makes a lot of sense to me.. and everyone knows I dont know that I am doing.. LOL..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]