Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tying anyone?
Sometimes, getting me to sit down and start tying is like pulling teeth,.....but when I do, I can't quit! Anyone else have this problem?

Here are the latest:

[inline IMG_2968_3.jpg]

[inline "IMG_2970 2.jpg"]

[inline "IMG_2974 1.jpg"]
[signature]
wow... can I have all three of those logs.. I promise to return then when I am done.. [angelic]

awesome work sis... from now on you are not allowed to get up from your tying seat.. unless you are going fishing... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Those are some nice flies!!

Where do you use the huge articulated streamers? Trout or Bass? Both?
[signature]
Absolutely both. Thanks.
[signature]
The problem I have is when I finally get myself to sit down and tie is to stick with it until done.[laugh] I may want a dozen flies but I might end up with 6.[unimpressed] Oh well, I take small breaks in between flies at times to catch my breath and keep going. I do alot of tying on the road when I am at work. (I should say laying over after working[Wink]).

Nice bugs! You do great work!!! Still trying to sit down and tie up a mouse.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: dumb.gif]Must admit that I haven't tied a fly for several months now. Too many things going on right now. But yes once I start again it becomes a habit that is hard to break. Nice work FGD, but don't let Mac talk you out of them. His tying room is probably covered with your flies. lol[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
LOL>.. you cant blame me for trying... but what you say is partially true... FG has been very generous when I needed it and has sent me a lot of flies... the exact number I dont really know but I do know I could fill several fly boxes with them...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey Flygoddess! You know I do have that same problem. Usually though I would tie just about everyday. Then I get into a rut with doing something else, and then I start tying, and can't quit. Lately I have been making some spinners, and then I have been working on some balsa flies. I made spinner flies, and a ton of other flies. I can't post a link yet, I just found that out, but my photos are on my Photobucket, and that link is on my About Me, or profile, I forget which now. Your ties are just beautiful as always. Your work is top notch in my book!
Kelly aka Kelkay
[signature]
Kellkay.. not sure who told you tat you cannot post a link.. if it is just the photobucket link and since you are at 15 posts you can post away.. but instead of a link Id suggest you try embedding your photos in your post..

[Image: rp1.jpg]

here is the link from photobucket I used to post the picture...

[url "http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/macfly55/Fishing%20in%20TN/rp1.jpg"]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/macfly55/Fishing%20in%20TN/rp1.jpg[/url] (the direct link option)

MacFly
[signature]
Welcome, nice to hear from another lady! I would love to see your pictures. I tried looking for them, but can't find them on your profile. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot??[blush]
[signature]
http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo175...y59/flies/

http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo175...%20Making/

Here ya go. Realize I just started tying spinners, so I could use gentle constructive criticism via pm. I have been fly tying and fishing now for two and a half years. I love creating things for my fishing habit.
[signature]
It was on the Introduction sticky. No links until I had 15 posts or something like that. I do not have commercial links anyway. I just have my Photobucket links. I don't think I can put them on my signature, I will have to see about that. They are on my About Me, or profile page though. Anyway, I am glad I signed up for this forum, it looks like a goody.
Kelly
[signature]
Awesome flies! Doesn't look to me like any criticism (gentle or otherwise) is needed! I like the spinners, I don't use many spinners anymore, but maybe I would if I could make them myself. Anyway thanks for posting your pics!
[signature]
Thank you very much. I do appreciate the kind words. I am thrilled you liked my obsession...lol.
[signature]
Wow! Those are awesome! Welcome aboard.
[signature]
Very nice you have been busy!! It is great to see some warm water flies too. I can see I will be coming to you for some bass and panfish ideas.

I think they are all great!
[signature]
Thanks for the kind words folks. I have been tying now for two and a half years, and I still have a whole lot to learn.
[signature]
I have to agree with everyone else... nice looking work... very nice... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Wonderful job. Great looking flies and spinners. Thank you for sharing. Fished them yet?[Smile]

pa
[signature]
I have not had a chance to fish all the flies, since I have made so many. I have not fished the spinners at all. I have only been making them for a very short time. I plan to take them all to the lake here pretty soon. I am waiting for a little cool front to push in and give some relief. Then I know the perfect place to try them out. I am hoping the spinners spin alright, and that the fish are attracted to them. I have quite a collection of them now that I made up. I have a whole box of trout type spinners for stocked trout locally. (store bought) If I got to a place like Beaver's Bend I only take flies to fish with. I also have quite a few spinners for larger fish like bass that I bought in the past. Now I have my own little creations, and I hope they work at least as good, and possibly better than the store bought ones.
Anyway, I am very happy that people like my work. I enjoy doing it, and I wish I could spend more time doing them.
[signature]